🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

dead king dlc freezes at loading screen

I downloaded the dead king dlc the day it came out and when I try to travel to franciade it just freezes at the loading screen. Does anyone know the solution to this problem?

Dead King dlc Franciade fast travel looping loading screen

Hello,

Same problem here.

After downloading the expansion Dead King and fast traveling to Franciade, the game loop the loading screen and doesnt actually load anything. Had to force the exit of the game. The problem is that the game (and with the cloud auto-saving) seems to have saveguard a this particular point, so everytime I charge the game I return to this loading screen.
    If someone knows how to return to a previous saving point, he is welcome to share the method
    Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Problem solved

After 4 hours of trying various things recommended over the internet, I finally found a solution. This works for Uplay. In the Uplay menu there is a sub menu scrool bar right to the option "Play" in the form of an down arrow. There you click over the equivalent option of "Check my files" , Uplay will verify if your installed files are corrupted. In my case, after reinstalling the game and re-donwloading all the patch and Dead Kings expansion (like 6.9 GB) Uplay still manage to "discover" corrupted files and donwloaded and replaced like 78 MB of data.
    Right after this check-up, I could finaly pass the loading screen and play the Dead Kings expansion from the start, and without losing anything.

I have the same problem.

I am having the same issue. Loads about 1/8 of the way and stops. Any fixes to this?

Originally Posted by antoinemeeus Go to original post
    Hello,

Same problem here.

After downloading the expansion Dead King and fast traveling to Franciade, the game loop the loading screen and doesnt actually load anything. Had to force the exit of the game. The problem is that the game (and with the cloud auto-saving) seems to have saveguard a this particular point, so everytime I charge the game I return to this loading screen.
    If someone knows how to return to a previous saving point, he is welcome to share the method
    Thank you in advance.

It gets even better...

Now Unity itself won't start. This is a great free add on that makes the $50 game useless. How do I get rid of it? I can't believe noone from UbiSoft has responded to this problem yet.

Originally Posted by BEHINDBLUEIs Go to original post
    I am having the same issue. Loads about 1/8 of the way and stops. Any fixes to this?

Same problem here. Loading progress freeze on 1/8. PC here.

Solved

SOLVED for my particular case.

View the edit of the post

Originally Posted by Agent_YingYang Go to original post
    I downloaded the dead king dlc the day it came out and when I try to travel to franciade it just freezes at the loading screen. Does anyone know the solution to this problem?
    I found a solution that work for my case. This works for Uplay.
    In the Uplay menu there is a sub menu scrool bar right to the option "Play" in the form of an down arrow. There you click over the equivalent option of "Check my files" , Uplay will verify if your installed files are corrupted. In my case, after reinstalling the game and re-donwloading all the patch and Dead Kings expansion (like 6.9 GB) Uplay still manage to "discover" corrupted files and donwloaded and replaced like 78 MB of data.
    Right after this check-up, I could finaly pass the loading screen and play the Dead Kings expansion from the start, and without losing anything.

ps4 fix please

Originally Posted by antoinemeeus Go to original post
    Hello,

Same problem here.

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Problem solved

After 4 hours of trying various things recommended over the internet, I finally found a solution. This works for Uplay. In the Uplay menu there is a sub menu scrool bar right to the option "Play" in the form of an down arrow. There you click over the equivalent option of "Check my files" , Uplay will verify if your installed files are corrupted. In my case, after reinstalling the game and re-donwloading all the patch and Dead Kings expansion (like 6.9 GB) Uplay still manage to "discover" corrupted files and donwloaded and replaced like 78 MB of data.
    your fix is for the pc i think, we need a fix for the PS4 version

it works

Solution:
    1, u disk backup savefile, security first.
    2, from the ps4 hard disk completely remove the game.
    3, re-insert the disc, then will automatically find the patch and start automatically download (PS button, cut to download the interface to suspend the 1.05 patch download).
    4, click to start the game, the blue screen prompts need to install the latest patch 1.05, choose still start the game.
    5, PS key, open psn store began to download dead king dlc
    6, cut back to the game interface, select your savefile and start, will pop up a 'installation' words in green tips box. Waiting for it. At this point, the installation process should be dlc installation + CD-ROM installlation + 1.05 patch process .just wait (try to download the speed of 1M / s above. .. network is not good please change your loaction find super network and try again)
    7, the installation will be successful directly into the normal game screen. At this time, The carriage in front of the cafe can not in and uplay can not connect , dont worry
    8, close the game , reopen. The carriage can also be used. Click on the carriage to send into dlc.
    9, then the upper right corner , there will be loading icon rotation, stuck about half a minute after the screen will have a white progress bar slowly loaded until 100%
    Normal access dead king dlc.
    problem solved.

ACU DLC Dead Kings stuck at loading screen

Can someone make a video how to sokve this problem? using Uplay menu? i have this problem since i installed the DLC.....