View Poll Results: optioning

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

5 55.56%
  • no

4 44.44%

bunker ghosts

I think it would be awesome if we had the option to turn off ghosts in the bunker... Sometimes its hard to just focus on your riding and beating the time when you are watching the ghost, especially with limited tickets and time it just gets stressful. if we want to race a ghost we can always do that on the track outside the bunker then just come back when we get it down. Anyone else want that option??

xitooner's Avatar Senior Member
    Doesn't bother me any; I've done enough ANBA and generic LB track improvement runs that ghosts don't bother me anymore. I cant learn what they did if I cant see them. . .and you cant always race the exact track/bike combos outside the bunker.

The single thing I would prefer is to be able to see the current best times on each track without spending a ticket.

i had this idea when i was doing ANBA missions ages ago.
    the ghosts were so annoying, i just couldn't focus on the tracks.
    so i just went to world map to set PB instead of ANBA, which leaded to a big loss of coins which i could have got from ANBA
    then after an update, ghost was moved behind player and i got used to it.

anyway, it will be great if there's an option to turn it on/off anytime even during the run.

timohthey's Avatar Member
    I kind of agree with this. I've noticed that I ride better when there isn't a ghost there, which sort of defeats the point of having a ghost. I think I get so caught up with beating the ghost that I mess up more often. This is only in the Bunker though, I find the ghosts really helpful when riding against ANBA or trying to improve my leaderboard time with a ghost.

justinman114's Avatar Senior Member
    I ride better with no ghost hands down. I feel like it's either the pressure, or maybe accidentally trying to mimic the ghost when I should be doing my own thing that throws me off. At the same time, the ghosts are helpful in their own way. Would be nice to have the option, doesn't mean you have to use it.

Originally Posted by justinman114 Go to original post
    I ride better with no ghost hands down. I feel like it's either the pressure, or maybe accidentally trying to mimic the ghost when I should be doing my own thing that throws me off. At the same time, the ghosts are helpful in their own way. Would be nice to have the option, doesn't mean you have to use it.
    Yep that's exactly what I do...i watch them when i wish i could just focus on my own riding. To me its like reading a book in a high school cafeteria...pretty difficult. Not sure how to get anyone to see this and add it to the game but thanks for the input

Having exploited ANBA to death I find the ghost not too distracting, but it certainly gets in the way when your trying to do your own thing or if it gets very close in movements, sometimes hard to differentiate your wheels over the ghosts. Having said that, I think the ghosts are helpful, I just wish you could turn down the opacity/transparency of them when needed. I doubt they would/could implement that type of improvement....especially considering some of the glaring problems as of late (slot machine 4 challenge bug, crazy crashing issues with bunker and friends lists). I've also noticed that ANBA has on occasion started giving me less coins and Xp (2100 as opposed to 4200 coins), maybe that's normal but I don't remember ever seeing that?