1. #31
    SquirrellyNinja's Avatar RS Product Manager
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    591
    Originally Posted by Kynlore Go to original post
    Sure it's a story, sure it's speculation, and sure, it's my opinion. All of which I formed based on what I've been told, what has happened, and my own experience in the world. Feel free to disagree, as you do. I won't attempt to belittle either of your opinions.

    I ask though, how much of the reports from Ubi are stories, or "little scenarios"?



    If Ubi is working so hard on getting this fixed, why has it not been taken care of in two years? They've shown it's possible. They fixed some songs. Why not all of them?

    I don't think it is costing them money. I think they are making money on RS1 sales.
    Bolded part is one of the things we include when we correspond with Steam. However, Steam handles a lot more than just Rocksmith and let alone every other Ubi game on Steam. I have no idea why they don't prioritize or finish amending all of the RS1 DLC.
    Share this post

  2. #32
    The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, USA
    Posts
    3,836
    Originally Posted by C.Linton Go to original post
    They've been on Steam's back about this since day one and Steam has done little to nothing to fix it.
    Originally Posted by Kynlore Go to original post
    We don't know Ubi has been on Steam's back about this. I think the fact that two years later and it still isn't fixed shows that they haven't been on their back to fix it, otherwise it would be resolved.
    Originally Posted by C.Linton Go to original post
    And you don't know that they haven't....
    Yeah, we do.

    Originally Posted by SquirrellyNinja Go to original post
    I have no idea why they don't prioritize or finish amending all of the RS1 DLC.
    Share this post

  3. #33
    SquirrellyNinja's Avatar RS Product Manager
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    591
    Originally Posted by The_Working_Man Go to original post
    Yeah, we do.
    My sentence in no way implies that we haven't been in touch with them and bugging them about it. We don't have a good reason why all the RS1 DLC hasn't been changed. When we ask we don't get a reason or it's deferred.
    Share this post

  4. #34
    The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, USA
    Posts
    3,836
    Firstly, thanks for chiming in on this issue Squirrelly . I'm pretty sure this is the first time in a year that I've seen someone from UbiSoft comment on this other than to say it's a Steam problem and they're working on it.

    Can you expand on this issue from your perspective and the follow up that's being done to get this resolved? From your second comment it still sounds to me like you ask a question and they don't answer and that's the end of it. I don't want to put words in your mouth but honestly that still doesn't seem like very effective follow-up or problem solving.

    What about the thought that Steam's delivery limitations should have been vetted by UbiSoft and that Ubi has some responsibility to their customers here? Do you really all feel that Steam should be obliged to make these changes their existing system in order to fulfill Ubi's product advertising?
    Share this post

  5. #35
    Kynlore's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,477
    Originally Posted by SquirrellyNinja Go to original post
    My sentence in no way implies that we haven't been in touch with them and bugging them about it. We don't have a good reason why all the RS1 DLC hasn't been changed. When we ask we don't get a reason or it's deferred.
    Thank you for validating my concern, but after two years why is that ok with you (Ubi)? After two years, you have accepted no response as an answer.

    Why is this not escalated? Why aren't Directors, Vice Presidents, Operation Officers, and Presidents not involved to ensure this taken care of?
    Share this post

  6. #36
    C.Linton's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,136
    Originally Posted by Kynlore Go to original post
    They are getting both.
    Not necessarily. People could buying the game for the 30 bucks and then NOT buy the DLC because they can't afford it right now. Profits delayed are profits denied. Toy's right. Ubi stands to make more money from people buying all that DLC than having to buy the game and much less DLC.
    Share this post

  7. #37
    Kynlore's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,477
    Originally Posted by C.Linton Go to original post
    Not necessarily. People could buying the game for the 30 bucks and then NOT buy the DLC because they can't afford it right now. Profits delayed are profits denied. Toy's right. Ubi stands to make more money from people buying all that DLC than having to buy the game and much less DLC.
    I disagree with the limited income premise, but I'll concede the point. It turns out it's complacency that is the problem.
    Share this post

  8. #38
    Originally Posted by PTrash13 Go to original post
    I'm just curious. Why wouldn't you buy it if it was on sale? For $17.95 you get the entire RS1 catalog (minus the couple of songs the artist didn't want transferred) into RS2014 and you can still play the songs that didn't transfer with RS1? RS1 was a fun game and still has a lot to offer.
    I don't think it's fair that I have RS1 for PS3, and am unable to buy the DLCs for 2014 because steam is too lazy to do their job :S

    Originally Posted by SquirrellyNinja Go to original post
    My sentence in no way implies that we haven't been in touch with them and bugging them about it. We don't have a good reason why all the RS1 DLC hasn't been changed. When we ask we don't get a reason or it's deferred.
    Thank you for replying! As The Working Man said, why has this no response or no legitimate reason response been accepted as a valid closer? I'm not sure if you particularly have much of a say in this matter but certainly more than we do, we've been complaining about it for 2 years as has been said so clearly it's not a priority in either business' book. Otherwise Ubi wouldn't be taking this Shrug off from steam like it's no big deal.
    Share this post

  9. #39
    don't feel bad I have RS1 and 2014 and can't get the disk import tool because I bought RS1 on line and have no disk it's just steam
    Share this post

  10. #40
    toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    8,142
    Originally Posted by darkdrakon549 Go to original post
    don't feel bad I have RS1 and 2014 and can't get the disk import tool because I bought RS1 on line and have no disk it's just steam
    You don't need the disc...

    http://store.steampowered.com/app/221680/

    it's right there, buy it.
    Share this post