How likely are we to get non-us/uk dlc

For example The Rasmus has some mad bass lines that would be fun to play. However it seems the DLC store is pretty much all US/UK, are there any plans of sampling the music from other countries? Just listen to the bass here, don't you wish to play along? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vPI_2snUOg

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by lwahonen Go to original post
    For example The Rasmus has some mad bass lines that would be fun to play. However it seems the DLC store is pretty much all US/UK, are there any plans of sampling the music from other countries? Just listen to the bass here, don't you wish to play along? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vPI_2snUOg

We have a bunch of Japanese content so y'never know

elemenohpenc's Avatar Senior Member
    on top of the JPN DLC...

Tame Impala are Australian
    Nickelback are Canadian
    Billy Talent are Canadian
    3 Days Grace are Canadian
    Rush are Canadian
    Silverchair are Australian
    Santana is Mexican
    The Guess Who are Canadian
    Steppenwolf's core lineup is made up of Canadians... rounded out by Americans.
    The Vines are Australian
    Rick Springfield is Australian

Bachsmith composers are all European; Grieg was Norwegian, Bach was German, Beethoven was German, Wagner was German, Mozart was Austrian

C.Linton's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by elemenohpenc Go to original post
    on top of the JPN DLC...

Tame Impala are Australian
    Nickelback are Canadian
    Billy Talent are Canadian
    3 Days Grace are Canadian
    Rush are Canadian
    Silverchair are Australian
    Santana is Mexican
    The Guess Who are Canadian
    Steppenwolf's core lineup is made up of Canadians... rounded out by Americans.
    The Vines are Australian
    Rick Springfield is Australian

Bachsmith composers are all European; Grieg was Norwegian, Bach was German, Beethoven was German, Wagner was German, Mozart was Austrian
    Don't forget John Kay is from Berlin Germany, whose family crossed the Berlin Wall when it was still up to eventually make it to the USA when he was a kid.

Yrd's Avatar Senior Member
    I remember getting a free track from itunes way back for the rasmus. I really liked that song back then. I would go for anything really, as long as it doesn't suck.

I listen to plenty of foreign bands that I can't understand a single lyric. I used to buy these CD compilations that would be filled with foreign bands. Lyrics are just noise to me. I rarely pay attention to the actual words when I listen to music anyway, even when they are in my native language. It just registers as melody or rhythm to me.

C.Linton's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Yrd Go to original post
    I remember getting a free track from itunes way back for the rasmus. I really liked that song back then. I would go for anything really, as long as it doesn't suck.

I listen to plenty of foreign bands that I can't understand a single lyric. I used to buy these CD compilations that would be filled with foreign bands. Lyrics are just noise to me. I rarely pay attention to the actual words when I listen to music anyway, even when they are in my native language. It just registers as melody or rhythm to me.
    Same here, although especially clever or amusing lyrics will catch my attention, like :Louis Armstrong's "I'll Be Glad When You're Dead" Where he opines
    "I'll be standin' on the corner high, when they bring your body by, I'll be glad when you're dead, you rascal, you."
    Normally though, I'll listen to the lyrics just enough to get into how the singer is vocalizing and ignore the actual words.

elemenohpenc's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Yrd Go to original post

Same. Lots of foreign bands and tons of metal bands who are unintelligible anyway. I care more about a vocalists delivery than the lyrics they're saying... of course you can't help but pickup some lyrics and if I catch something that I think is cool, I might pay more attention to what they're saying. It is not make or break though for me like it is for so many people... I don't need to understand them, just connect with the performance.

Originally Posted by C.Linton Go to original post
    Don't forget John Kay is from Berlin Germany, whose family crossed the Berlin Wall when it was still up to eventually make it to the USA when he was a kid.
    I did not know that. Really, I just went through the DLC list and googled any band where I wasn't sure where they were from.

Thanks to this, I learned that Foreigner was founded with Ian McDonald of King Crimson. I never would've guessed that one of the godfathers of prog would be in a radio-friendly rock band... also found that the current Foreigner drummer has the same name as me (he also drummed for RS alum Whitesnake and Tak Matsumoto.)

MoldyRhyme94061's Avatar Member
    Biffy Clyro is Scottish (and a lot of fun to play even if the bass lines are fairly simple). I've really enjoyed most of the Japanese DLC I picked up so I would be interested in more foreign stuff.

Originally Posted by elemenohpenc Go to original post
    on top of the JPN DLC...

Santana is Mexican

Santana is an American band.

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    I thought this was a PS4 DLC issue thread. I did not realize it was a DLC request thread.

Use the DLC request app to request DLC. The link is in my sig.