DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team

[PS4] Patch Notes - 1/6/15

Hey gang, we are sending out a title update for PS4 and Xbox One, which we have affectionately named Title Update 2. We expect this to start appearing as early as today, but hopefully all PS4 and Xbox One gamers will have it by the end of the week. Your game should automatically download the latest information when it's available in your territory (obviously, this will vary based on which platform and where you live, and when our partners send the data out).

Here's what's new:

PS4
    - Improved note detection (should be on par with previous consoles)
    - Songs now suggest whether a bass part should be played with a pick or played with fingers.

XBOX ONE
    - Songs bought as Packs on Xbox One should now show up as owned in the Songs list in the in-game Shop.
    - Import pack should now be selectable via in-game Shop (but only to users who are also verified owners of the original 2011 Rocksmith).
    - Cleaned up a few things in the Shop’s song titles.

We have heard the various feedback about dodgy note detection, so the team investigated and we think we've made a major improvement in this area. So for those of you who have been experiencing this issue, please let us know what it's like for you post-patch. Thanks.

EDIT: Clarified XB1 note above. Songs that were purchased as Packs on XB1 were not showing up as individually owned songs in the Song list. Now they do. You will see this result if you downloaded the Jimi Hendrix DLC from the Packs menu; you will see green guitar pick icons in the Songs list for each of those tracks. If you have not bought any DLC from the Packs menu on XB1, this issue would have been unknown to you because it is not relevant to your experience.

When 360 DLC permissions are fixed (which this patch does not address because licensing permissions are not something coded into the core game software), then songs you have bought as packs will also appear as owned as singles. This will not happen until the permissions are addressed, and that is a different issue, being discussed here with more general updates here.

I apologize for any confusion.

[PS4] Patch Notes - 1/6/15

Hey gang, we are sending out a title update for PS4 and Xbox One, which we have affectionately named Title Update 2. We expect this to start appearing as early as today, but hopefully all PS4 and Xbox One gamers will have it by the end of the week. Your game should automatically download the latest information when it's available in your territory (obviously, this will vary based on which platform and where you live, and when our partners send the data out).

Here's what's new:

PS4
    - Songs now suggest whether a bass part should be played with a pick or played with fingers.

XBOX ONE
    - Songs bought as Packs on Xbox One should now show up as owned in the Songs list in the in-game Shop.
    - Import pack should now be selectable via in-game Shop (but only to users who are also verified owners of the original 2011 Rocksmith).

We have heard the various feedback about dodgy note detection, so the team investigated and we think we've made a major improvement in this area. So for those of you who have been experiencing this issue, please let us know what it's like for you post-patch. Thanks.

EDIT: Clarified XB1 note above. Songs that were purchased as Packs on XB1 were not showing up as individually owned songs in the Song list. Now they do. You will see this result if you downloaded the Jimi Hendrix DLC from the Packs menu; you will see green guitar pick icons in the Songs list for each of those tracks. If you have not bought any DLC from the Packs menu on XB1, this issue would have been unknown to you because it is not relevant to your experience.

When 360 DLC permissions are fixed (which this patch does not address because licensing permissions are not something coded into the core game software), then songs you have bought as packs will also appear as owned as singles. This will not happen until the permissions are addressed, and that is a different issue, being discussed here with more general updates here.

I apologize for any confusion.

DjPelle's Avatar Member
    Great 2 hear. Did the team also looked after the ps4 slowdowns/frame rate in " Learn a song"?

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    XBOX ONE
    - Songs bought as packs should now show up as owned in the Songs list in the in-game Shop.

Goooner1's Avatar Senior Member
    Thanks for the update. Any word on the slow Enumerating DLC, or the slow speed of changing songs?

AtreidesGhola's Avatar Member
    So yeah...not so much on the DLC. Everything I bought is still asking me to pay for it again....including the RS1 transfer, which is already DL'd and on my Xbox One from when I initially started up the game two months ago.

Steel_Nirvana's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Goooner1 Go to original post
    Thanks for the update. Any word on the slow Enumerating DLC, or the slow speed of changing songs?
    It did seem slightly faster redrawing the screen today as I scrolled, but that could've been hope on my part. I didn't get much playing done due to a broken string.

Jayrocksd's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Steel_Nirvana Go to original post
    It did seem slightly faster redrawing the screen today as I scrolled, but that could've been hope on my part. I didn't get much playing done due to a broken string.
    I was thinking the same thing, but I think it was just wishful thinking. Initial Enumeration of DLC took 5-6 minutes. And while I am in LAS, if I scroll down 50-60 songs, then scroll up it will hang for a good minute trying to load the album images. I didn't really ever have enumeration issues, but I am glad they fixed that as nothing would be more frustrating, however I was really hoping they would fix the slowness on Xbox One. (that and letting me download my DLC.) Sitting waiting for a minute or two between songs makes me realize how heavy my Les Paul is.

DjPelle's Avatar Member
    In the EU the PS4 update is out 59.97mb big; patch note only says better note detection and after i´d installed the patch the ps4 had load 2 of my dlcs again????

In game Store still broken still not shows all content.

Originally Posted by DjPelle Go to original post
    Great 2 hear. Did the team also looked after the ps4 slowdowns/frame rate in " Learn a song"?
    Please report back after you try the patch, and if necessary, file a ticket with Ubisoft Support.

The more you have, the slower it goes. Nature of the beast I'm afraid.

Originally Posted by AtreidesGhola Go to original post
    So yeah...not so much on the DLC. Everything I bought is still asking me to pay for it again....including the RS1 transfer, which is already DL'd and on my Xbox One from when I initially started up the game two months ago.
    This is not part of the patch notes because it is unrelated to the game code itself, and is not something that a patch would affect. What you are looking to change is not something the patch was designed to change. Check the FAQ for the latest on DLC permissions updates.

The in-game store is functioning perfectly as far as we know, but SCEE has not posted all the legacy DLC content, and there are several weeks of recent DLC missing. This is not part of the patch notes because it is unrelated to the game code itself, and is not something that a patch would affect. What you are looking to change is not something the patch was designed to change. Check this thread for the revised DLC release schedule.

Please report back after you try the patch, and if necessary, file a ticket with Ubisoft Support.

The more you have, the slower it goes. Nature of the beast I'm afraid.

Originally Posted by AtreidesGhola Go to original post
    This is not part of the patch notes because it is unrelated to the game code itself, and is not something that a patch would affect. What you are looking to change is not something the patch was designed to change. Check the FAQ for the latest on DLC permissions updates.

The in-game store is functioning perfectly as far as we know, but SCEE has not posted all the legacy DLC content, and there are several weeks of recent DLC missing. This is not part of the patch notes because it is unrelated to the game code itself, and is not something that a patch would affect. What you are looking to change is not something the patch was designed to change. Check this thread for the revised DLC release schedule.

Xbox One issues

The major issue I've experienced is the game is very slow in starting up. I have RS and RS14 on Steam, Xbox 360, PS3 (RS only), and Xbox One. I have bought a ton of DLC on all systems and duplicates. However, only on Xbox One is the game slow to start to get to learn a song and actually playing the song I want. On a top corner of screen I see a note that says downloading songs. I assume this slow down is due to system verifying songs as being purchased. I would estimate it takes 3 to 4 minutes to actually start playing from the time RS14 is launched (digital copy). That wait time is unacceptable and I hope it's addressed in this patch.

The other game that behaves the same way is Dance Central Spotlight and it also has legacy DLC. Issue never been resolved by Harmonix or Microsoft. I guess you're supposed to stand there and wait while system checks you're a legal purchaser of content. This is why people hate DRM.

The other issue I have and I hope is addressed is the legacy packs issue. I still don't have a lot of the content I purchased. However, I also have content I never purchased. For example, never bought Bullet for my Valentine or Giri Giri but I got some songs downloaded but honestly I'd rather just have the content I purchased.

Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post

Here's what's new:

PS4

XBOX ONE
    - Songs bought as packs should now show up as owned in the Songs list in the in-game Shop.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►