🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Far Cry forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

Cannot start the game - Xbox says 'Do you won this game or App'. Digital Version.

Hi,

I bought the digital version from the Xbox store in November. Went to play the game today and I receive a message from the Xbox asking 'Do you OWN this game or App'.

I did not buy the disc, only the digital gold edition.

If I go to the Xbox store, it says that Far Cry 4 is 'Unavailable'.

What do I need to do to be able to play the game ? None of my other digital purchases seem effected.

Regards
    Dom

Same problem!!!

Originally Posted by DomX360X Go to original post
    Hi,

I bought the digital version from the Xbox store in November. Went to play the game today and I receive a message from the Xbox asking 'Do you OWN this game or App'.

I did not buy the disc, only the digital gold edition.

If I go to the Xbox store, it says that Far Cry 4 is 'Unavailable'.

What do I need to do to be able to play the game ? None of my other digital purchases seem effected.

Regards
    Dom
    I'm having the exact same issue. Date 1/5/15. I was playing last night 1/4/14.

anyone??

Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Hi there,

Please try a cold boot of the system - hold the power key until the console shuts down - and restart.

If this does not solve the issue, please contact Xbox Support directly.

Same problem here, tried cold booting the system and even redownloading the whole game. None of my other Digital games seem to have this problem, looks like I'll have to contact Xbox Support...

Hi all,

Tried cold reboot, disconnect from Live etc... No Joy,

Logged call with UK XBOX Support and the nice chap confirmed that others were having the problem. Think its a licence issue.

Support took my gamertag, Xbox One console Live ID info (from Settings, System, Xbox Info), and he was going to pass the info onto the next level of support.
    He also recommended that I keep an eye out on the Live Service Status web page for this 'emerging issue'.

I recommend that anyone with the same problem contacts the support line - 0843 557 4327 option 1, then 1, then one again to get to the right place.

Regards
    Dom

Originally Posted by DomX360X Go to original post
    Hi all,

Tried cold reboot, disconnect from Live etc... No Joy,

Logged call with UK XBOX Support and the nice chap confirmed that others were having the problem. Think its a licence issue.

Support took my gamertag, Xbox One console Live ID info (from Settings, System, Xbox Info), and he was going to pass the info onto the next level of support.
    He also recommended that I keep an eye out on the Live Service Status web page for this 'emerging issue'.

I recommend that anyone with the same problem contacts the support line - 0843 557 4327 option 1, then 1, then one again to get to the right place.

Regards
    Dom
    It appears the problem is due to the fact that Far Cry 4 has been (mistakenly?) removed from the marketplace.

https://store.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox-On...6-a981e6750c5d

Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Originally Posted by Danowat32 Go to original post
    It appears the problem is due to the fact that Far Cry 4 has been (mistakenly?) removed from the marketplace.

https://store.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox-On...6-a981e6750c5d
    The team are investigating whats happened there.

Please bear with us.

Also experiencing this issue

Hurry up....

It would be nice if Ubi would get their stuff together!! or at least give an update...

same here.