Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post

Really, guys...it's 2015 and seeing my hard work reduced to one repeated guess still isn't funny.
    You're a patient man Dan. It took you this long to finally say something about that? It was never funny the first time, and I along with many others got sick and tired of it after the second post, along with the ***** cats and the other usual copy cats.........

AtreidesGhola's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by FragDaddy34 Go to original post
    You're a patient man Dan. It took you this long to finally say something about that? It was never funny the first time, and I along with many others got sick and tired of it after the second post, along with the ***** cats and the other usual copy cats.........
    The Moody Blues responses were never meant to be thought of as attempts to solve the puzzle; they were a running joke specifically aimed at Moodyblues57, and had nothing to do with any effort Dan put into his puzzles. Personally, I found Dan's response offensive, though not surprising, considering his normal hubris and condescension.

AtreidesGhola's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by jromeo288 Go to original post
    Well, that's certainly productive
    As was the post I was responding to. Don't worry, I'm done here: I never participate in the puzzle solving.

Stang616's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by oldgeezer99 Go to original post
    um you guys have too much time on your hands if you waste time trying to guess about new releases; why bother? lol...just sayin'

probably better to take time talking about how to master specific riffs in riff repeater, or send in new DL requests
    Pot calling the kettle black maybe. You could be doing the same thing instead of posting in this thread if you think it is a waste of time. Many of us enjoy solving Dan's little puzzle and getting a heads up on what the DLC is, it allows us to plan for purchase if need be.

Personally, I'm on the 7 bandwagon so what about someone like Sevendust?

Stang616's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by AtreidesGhola Go to original post
    As was the post I was responding to. Don't worry, I'm done here: I never participate in the puzzle solving.
    Then why bother responding or even reading the thread. Talk about condescension and hubris. You make it seem like you are too good to participate in the puzzle solving. I will never understand why people comment in these threads if all they are going to do is be unhelpful.

kidmeatball's Avatar Senior Member
    Out on a limb I think it's Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band.

Danny-Ramone's Avatar Senior Member
    Right, that's 2015 off to a good start...

What kind of a cipher has been in the things? Caesar or just individual letter substitution (whatever that's called)?

Anyway here's where we are in the puzzle:

ESPBCVL QYBM

should become something:

***R*** **R*

tjdrico's Avatar Senior Member
    These days, a clue thread isn't a clue thread without the ObMoodyBlues response.

It's no worse than "Half Life 3 confirmed!"

Originally Posted by oldgeezer99 Go to original post
    um you guys have too much time on your hands if you waste time trying to guess about new releases; why bother? lol...just sayin'

probably better to take time talking about how to master specific riffs in riff repeater, or send in new DL requests
    I agree.

It's like people who do crossword puzzles, I don't get that, why not just look at a grid of interconnected words and black squares.

Or people who do pub quizzes, why not just listen to someone read a random list of seemingly unconnected things, then get on with your evening.

Also I think it's completely logical that everyone should only derive pleasure from one activity, whether it's learning to play the guitar, solving puzzles or frequent, vigorous onanism.

Back to the puzzle. I don't get why certain clues and words are inverted.