toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    So GG Allin is in the top 50,000 I assume /sarcasm

Originally Posted by AtreidesGhola Go to original post
    The Moody Blues responses were never meant to be thought of as attempts to solve the puzzle; they were a running joke specifically aimed at Moodyblues57, and had nothing to do with any effort Dan put into his puzzles. Personally, I found Dan's response offensive, though not surprising, considering his normal hubris and condescension.
    That's not the first time he's been rude and insulting so I wasn't surprised by the snide shot. Wonder why I don't hang out as much anymore? Wonder where MB57 went?

EDIT:
    Now that I'm caught up I'll "pass" on the "park", see ya next week...maybe.

Originally Posted by Master_Cylinder Go to original post
    That's not the first time he's been rude and insulting so I wasn't surprised by the snide shot. Wonder why I don't hang out as much anymore? Wonder where MB57 went?

EDIT:
    I thought you were just bored of not replying to any posts since you block anyone that doesn't find you funny

hey guys guys

Moody Blues

LOL so clever

I'm very pleasantly surprised to see such a big name band offered as DLC immediately following the winter releases of many other big name bands. I was fully expecting more of a lesser known or Indie group.

That being said ... I'll not be buying this pack.

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team

EDIT:
    I'd like to explain my perspective a bit more.

Some months back the forums were down due to a technical issue out of my control. I decided to post the clue via Twitter so we could still get that info out there. MC, you took huge issue with that -- you flat-out told me I'd made a mistake by not giving it to the forum exclusively. The puzzles, you said, were something that belonged the to forums, something you looked forward to taking the first crack at. When I argued that the forum was not online and I could not have posted it to the forum no matter what, that did not satisfy you -- you felt robbed, like something you were owed was taken from you. For an idea that was mine to begin with -- designing and creating puzzles on a weekly basis -- you came out and told me I was doing it wrong. Yeah, that stung. It didn't seem like a fair or logical criticism from my perspective, and I have yet to figure out why you made it.

(You also pointed out that I was giving away free codes via Twitter and Reddit but not on the forums. That was a fair point, so I took your suggestion and began giving away codes every week here as well as those outlets. So thanks for that -- that was truly constructive criticism.)

Once the forums returned, the clues returned to the forums as well. Since you'd asked for first crack, I really expected you to dive in and start solving, be the first to help peel back the initial layer of the puzzle. You are often among the first to post after the initial clue is revealed, but I've noticed you do not actually take first crack at the puzzle -- you make the Moody Blues joke, or you make some other attempt at a joke, and basically don't actually try to solve the puzzle at all. I thought after the intensity of your reaction to the outage that the puzzle meant something to you, that it really was something you cared about. But if it was, I'd think you'd be more constructive -- so that stings too. All that drama and you're not even enjoying what you demanded? It didn't add up.

Now here we are again, new year, new puzzle, and the pattern continues: early posts in the thread, mostly if not all of them jokes, very little to no solving, and then 36 hours later, you come back in and say a few unflattering things about me. So me calling you out on being rude and insulting culminates in you calling me rude and insulting. We're full circle.

So here's where I am on this: Based on the evidence, I suspect that you don't care about the puzzle but the attention the puzzle thread gets, and you want to be part of that attention. Which is your right, but not something I respect.

If you're demotivated the hang out here, I accept that, and if I am what chased you away, I take responsibility for that. You and I have different goals, I think.

Whatever you're looking for elsewhere, I hope you find it.

EDIT:
    I'd like to explain my perspective a bit more.

Some months back the forums were down due to a technical issue out of my control. I decided to post the clue via Twitter so we could still get that info out there. MC, you took huge issue with that -- you flat-out told me I'd made a mistake by not giving it to the forum exclusively. The puzzles, you said, were something that belonged the to forums, something you looked forward to taking the first crack at. When I argued that the forum was not online and I could not have posted it to the forum no matter what, that did not satisfy you -- you felt robbed, like something you were owed was taken from you. For an idea that was mine to begin with -- designing and creating puzzles on a weekly basis -- you came out and told me I was doing it wrong. Yeah, that stung. It didn't seem like a fair or logical criticism from my perspective, and I have yet to figure out why you made it.

(You also pointed out that I was giving away free codes via Twitter and Reddit but not on the forums. That was a fair point, so I took your suggestion and began giving away codes every week here as well as those outlets. So thanks for that -- that was truly constructive criticism.)

Once the forums returned, the clues returned to the forums as well. Since you'd asked for first crack, I really expected you to dive in and start solving, be the first to help peel back the initial layer of the puzzle. You are often among the first to post after the initial clue is revealed, but I've noticed you do not actually take first crack at the puzzle -- you make the Moody Blues joke, or you make some other attempt at a joke, and basically don't actually try to solve the puzzle at all. I thought after the intensity of your reaction to the outage that the puzzle meant something to you, that it really was something you cared about. But if it was, I'd think you'd be more constructive -- so that stings too. All that drama and you're not even enjoying what you demanded? It didn't add up.

Now here we are again, new year, new puzzle, and the pattern continues: early posts in the thread, mostly if not all of them jokes, very little to no solving, and then 36 hours later, you come back in and say a few unflattering things about me. So me calling you out on being rude and insulting culminates in you calling me rude and insulting. We're full circle.

So here's where I am on this: Based on the evidence, I suspect that you don't care about the puzzle but the attention the puzzle thread gets, and you want to be part of that attention. Which is your right, but not something I respect.

If you're demotivated the hang out here, I accept that, and if I am what chased you away, I take responsibility for that. You and I have different goals, I think.

Whatever you're looking for elsewhere, I hope you find it.

Originally Posted by as_uninvited Go to original post
    I'm very pleasantly surprised to see such a big name band offered as DLC immediately following the winter releases of many other big name bands. I was fully expecting more of a lesser known or Indie group.

LP is definitely an acquired taste. I do think this will be a hit on Facebook on Monday -- I see regular comments about Linkin Park there, so I have to guess that's where a lot of the user requests came from, too. Just a different segment of the audience.

Originally Posted by as_uninvited Go to original post

LP is definitely an acquired taste. I do think this will be a hit on Facebook on Monday -- I see regular comments about Linkin Park there, so I have to guess that's where a lot of the user requests came from, too. Just a different segment of the audience.

Risen72's Avatar Member
    I'm not a huge LP fan, but of the several songs I do like, I really enjoy. I'm pretty sure my favourites are their top charting songs. I have a good feeling I'll be getting this pack. At the very least, I'll enjoy watching the livestream for this DLC. Provided you're allowed to play them on the 'air', lol.

Originally Posted by Risen72 Go to original post
    I'm not a huge LP fan, but of the several songs I do like, I really enjoy. I'm pretty sure my favourites are their top charting songs. I have a good feeling I'll be getting this pack. At the very least, I'll enjoy watching the livestream for this DLC. Provided you're allowed to play them on the 'air', lol.
    Yeah, I'm not aware of any restrictions coming up, but we'll see what happens! We have fun on those alternate shows too.

Originally Posted by Risen72 Go to original post
    Yeah, I'm not aware of any restrictions coming up, but we'll see what happens! We have fun on those alternate shows too.

I for one look for two things when I start looking at the weekly forum clues. I look for the Moody Blues and Josie and the Pussycats guesses. I still find them funny and view it as the running inside joke just for us Rocksmithers.

Well one joke is funny and the other is just annoying and being forced on everyone