Possibly good news about new expansion

Source: http://doc.upaidui.com/news/view/2014-12--

A few days ago there was news about new expansion ("Legend Reborn" as a possible translated name) of MMDOC in the Chinese server. According to the official article, the new expansion will be released in late January, including 24 brand new cards and 146 "reborn" cards. The "reborn" cards are originally outside the standard format. Their stats and abilities will be adjusted and put into standard format with the new expansion. The article also hints a new format with such descriptions as "you must be familiar with all cards" "you gain reward according to the number of games won", which seems to be a draft mode similar to the arena in HS, though no exact information is revealed at the moment. Anyway, it coincides with the information from Kimmundi that a new draft mode will be released in January. Is it likely that the international server will have same expansion at the same time?

Only 24 new cards? Fuuuuu...

@RoyceLin

Thanks for the information. I linked your post to the german forums and translated it.
    Now all we can hope for is some kind of confirmation or additional information from Blue Byte...and hopefully in English

malkorion's Avatar Senior Member
    Please remember that the Chinese version of the game is totally independent from ours. Some promotions were available only to Chinese players, and we were excluded. So take this information with a grain of salt.

Xyx0rz's Avatar Senior Member
    Reprinting a bunch of Open cards with proper tweaked stats sounds good. Even if it's only a rehash, it's still a substantial improvement to the game. I always thought it was a shame that such an iconic card as Fireball isn't in Standard just because of some arbitrary "we don't balance Open" design "rule".

It is a best news for a while. Common, nowadays even one new card will be a good news

Old open cards are mostly in range of super bad to bad, with exceptions of super good cards. It is great if this means get rid of practice to not change cards at any price. If these changes are smart this will be very positive improvement. Does anybody hoped for expansion ?? Maybe with name such as "Death of the servers" or "Vanishing players".

Originally Posted by malkorion Go to original post
    Please remember that the Chinese version of the game is totally independent from ours. Some promotions were available only to Chinese players, and we were excluded. So take this information with a grain of salt.
    True. Chinese do what they want. It doesn't mean same will happen for us. But hope so of course.

Well if they will add some usable haven fortunes into standart (Fortified outpost at least) i can play again. Current state of standart mode is joke.

Originally Posted by malkorion Go to original post
    Except deals and arts chineese version is not and probably won't be different in terms of cards and mechanics. So highly possible that BB sent message to working chineese studio (which probably hasn't christmas break)

This is great news. I believe that chniesee are coming out first with the news regarding the next expansion and that we will soon recieve same if not more detailed info about the expac from Blue Byte. I am really excited to see the new cards as well as the rebalanced ones. I just hope that this is the right step to the ressurection of this game.