🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Far Cry forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
  1. #1

    Far Cry 4 Reskins Update 3

    The Golden Path, The Royal Army and the Royal Guard are all reskinned

    To my fellow modders out there: I'm having troubles with my mod, and if anyone could help me out, I would much appreciate it.

    - I still have no idea where the hell nomadobjecttemplates.fcb is, which is needed to edit the WeaponService. As it seems, it is no longer located in the generated folder.
    - NPC weapon attachments are not graphically shown in the main game. All modified properties are changed, but for some reason, while an NPC carries a weapon, the attachments on it cannot be seen, when he dies and drops it, the attachments suddenly appear. This does not occur in the Map Editor.
    - When I edit the archetype file of a hostile NPC, and include it in the mod, the game stops working when that hostile NPC is in range. This does not occur with allied NPCs.

    What I've accomplished so far:

    - Unlocked weapon attachments



    - Trade available from Guns For Hire



    - New NPC skins, personalities, and weapons
    - Green Clothes for The Army, making them harder to spot
    - The Golden Path soldiers have darker clothes, making them look more powerful
    - The Golden Path soldiers are now more skilled, carry better weapons
    - Darker, black uniforms for the Royal Guard soldiers, making them look like the ones shown on E3 footages.







    - The Commanders:






    P.S.: No other mods were involved. All of these were built from scratch.


    AND THE NEW YEAR IS ALMOST HERE HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Frag_Maniac's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,891
    I see no reason for so many threads, why not just keep it to one thread about this?

    I had to go digging for the first thread you made about it and found you've yet to respond to my suggestion.

    Are you going to make it so we can somehow tell whom the Commanders are by their uniforms for those using no HUD or tagging?

    With the stock uniforms, there are obvious yellow markings the Commanders have that others don't. These, not so much, most of them seem to have some yellow.

    Lastly, are you going to force all features, or make them optional? Bullet tracing is not to my liking, esp if enemies have it. It would make them too easy to spot, somewhat negating the purpose of more stealth oriented uniforms. Not even sure I want all weapons and attachments unlocked early. Better if you have to earn it.

    Also, what have you decide on vehicle colors? Obviously if both GP and RA are using black uniforms, blue and red vehicles now seem out of place.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Flanker1Six's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,072
    Well..................................the reskins look much better than vanilla! Rather than having both sides black/dark..................I'd suggest some sort of camo effect for part of the RA uniforms (seems like coloring the vanilla camo pattern would be fairly easy; though I don't know **** about using textures/colors) , and/or dark/forest green for the GP team. Just my personal preference. I'm with FM on the bullet trails thing.......................it sucks; bad as tagging. Kudos to you on all the effort you've put i so far though!

    BTW: FM is right on keeping this type of thing in the same thread.

    Happy New Year to you as well!
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Frag_Maniac's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,891
    Originally Posted by Flanker1Six Go to original post
    W.....I'd suggest some sort of camo effect for part of the RA uniforms (seems like coloring the vanilla camo pattern would be fairly easy; though I don't know **** about using textures/colors) , and/or dark/forest green for the GP team.
    I like the darker uniforms too, but having both RA an GP dark doesn't just make them harder to spot, it makes them hard to distinguish one from the other. Maybe for GP something like khaki. Maybe this is why he's showing pretty much all the GP guys with yellow headbands now, which if so, is functional, but tends to somewhat lessen the upgraded look of the new uniforms.

    Great efforts so far. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

    ...Just an update.

    I just discovered for the first time that some of the Royal Army actually already wear these black uniforms. Maybe you guys already know it, but I don't recall anyone saying it in these uniform reskin mod threads.

    Here's a shot taken from the final Yogi and Reggie mission showing one in black uni and one in red.



    I've also seen Royal Army in Pagan's Fortress wearing the black uniforms.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by Frag_Maniac Go to original post
    I like the darker uniforms too, but having both RA an GP dark doesn't just make them harder to spot, it makes them hard to distinguish one from the other. Maybe for GP something like khaki. Maybe this is why he's showing pretty much all the GP guys with yellow headbands now, which if so, is functional, but tends to somewhat lessen the upgraded look of the new uniforms.

    Great efforts so far. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

    ...Just an update.

    I just discovered for the first time that some of the Royal Army actually already wear these black uniforms. Maybe you guys already know it, but I don't recall anyone saying it in these uniform reskin mod threads.

    Here's a shot taken from the final Yogi and Reggie mission showing one in black uni and one in red.



    I've also seen Royal Army in Pagan's Fortress wearing the black uniforms.
    Thank you all for the feedback, guys! I'm going to update you as soon as possible, making them look rather like you guys want, upload some images of the commanders, and removing bullet trails. Stay tuned!
    Share this post

  6. #6
    New update is here!
    Share this post

  7. #7
    LFino's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    41
    Originally Posted by vinh1998 Go to original post
    To my fellow modders out there: I'm having troubles with my mod, and if anyone could help me out, I would much appreciate it.

    - I still have no idea where the hell nomadobjecttemplates.fcb is, which is needed to edit the WeaponService. As it seems, it is no longer located in the generated folder.
    - NPC weapon attachments are not graphically shown in the main game. All modified properties are changed, but for some reason, while an NPC carries a weapon, the attachments on it cannot be seen, when he dies and drops it, the attachments suddenly appear. This does not occur in the Map Editor.
    - When I edit the archetype file of a hostile NPC, and include it in the mod, the game stops working when that hostile NPC is in range. This does not occur with allied NPCs.
    Hii vinh

    First, the reskins looks great
    Second, to your questions:
    - Is located here: \common\generated\nomadobjecttemplates.fcb

    for the others i can't give you a 100% true answer

    Best regards,
    Fino
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by LFino Go to original post
    Hii vinh

    First, the reskins looks great
    Second, to your questions:
    - Is located here: \common\generated\nomadobjecttemplates.fcb

    for the others i can't give you a 100% true answer

    Best regards,
    Fino
    Hey!

    First of all, I am honored to see a famous modder reply to my thread
    So, I have the nomadobjecttemplates.fcb file, but the problem is either in the file or in the location of the file.
    As I see it, all the xml files that were packed into that fcb file is now merged into one huge xml file. I can find the weaponsservice in the file, but the problem starts when I modify something, and then I repack it (For example: Changing the primary weapon of NPC_Defender_Hoyt inventory pack). I test the changes and nothing seems to be different. So this probably means that the file itself can no longer be located in the patch_hd\generated\nomadobjecttemplates.fcb path.
    Again, thank you for replying

    Sincerely,
    vinh1998
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Frag_Maniac's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,891
    Yay for modder solidarity. Always so good to see.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Hi my friend vinh1998, I sent you a message in nexus. the links of your mod are broken, can you upload them again? can you tell me how did you add attachment in the NPC weapons? thx!!
    Share this post