1. #1

    Rift Artifacts and Initiates Being Offline

    I was playing one of the rift missions and stumbled upon an artifact, but when I tried to pick it up, it said that in order to do that, I had to make an Initiates profile. I, of course, have a profile, but Initiates have been taken offline, and obviously in such a way that the game doesn't even recognize me as having a profile at all and parts that are tied to Initiates are broken.

    That, obviously, is a SNAFU, but whose bright idea was to link otherwise unrelated in-game objects and Initiates in such a way anyway?! It was, arguably, a bad idea to only allow the artifacts to be unlocked through the Companion App, but okay, someone thought that it would be cool. But since when do %^**#@% Initiates have anything to do with those artifacts?!
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Marcus101RR's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    111
    Originally Posted by Lignjoslav Go to original post
    I was playing one of the rift missions and stumbled upon an artifact, but when I tried to pick it up, it said that in order to do that, I had to make an Initiates profile. I, of course, have a profile, but Initiates have been taken offline, and obviously in such a way that the game doesn't even recognize me as having a profile at all and parts that are tied to Initiates are broken.

    That, obviously, is a SNAFU, but whose bright idea was to link otherwise unrelated in-game objects and Initiates in such a way anyway?! It was, arguably, a bad idea to only allow the artifacts to be unlocked through the Companion App, but okay, someone thought that it would be cool. But since when do %^**#@% Initiates have anything to do with those artifacts?!
    There are two different apps. This is for Companion App. You need to use the app instead of initates to get them. In other words, you WILL never unlock them because the app is dead.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    The app's dead? After only 2 months or so of the game being out? What happened to make Ubisoft do that, it makes no sense.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Aenigmatix's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    126
    Originally Posted by Marcus101RR Go to original post
    There are two different apps. This is for Companion App. You need to use the app instead of initates to get them. In other words, you WILL never unlock them because the app is dead.
    The app is not dead. What makes you say that?

    My companion app is working just fine. Well, other than the fact that 4 of my best assassins were just killed on a mission where I can had a 93% chance of success, it's working just fine.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Marcus101RR's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    111
    Originally Posted by Aenigmatix Go to original post
    The app is not dead. What makes you say that?

    My companion app is working just fine. Well, other than the fact that 4 of my best assassins were just killed on a mission where I can had a 93% chance of success, it's working just fine.
    Considering the fact that we cannot sync, and we cannot unlock a damn thing with it, ITS DEAD. Not sure how you are unlocking stuff.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Aenigmatix's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    126
    Originally Posted by Marcus101RR Go to original post
    Considering the fact that we cannot sync, and we cannot unlock a damn thing with it, ITS DEAD. Not sure how you are unlocking stuff.
    I can sync just fine. Apparently the app is working for some people (like me) and not other people (like you).

    Not sure why that is, though. And certainly something Ubisoft is at fault for. But I wouldn't say the app is totally "dead" if it's working for a lot of people. How far along are you in the app missions? What's not unlocking specifically?
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by Marcus101RR Go to original post
    Considering the fact that we cannot sync, and we cannot unlock a damn thing with it, ITS DEAD. Not sure how you are unlocking stuff.
    The app was dead imo when it suffered from random progress wipes but since they restored a lot of people progress(my own included) AND appear to have stopped it from occurring anymore the app is running perfectly smoothly as far as i'm aware.

    If you have connection issues possibly your network is not agreeable but it's irrelevant because you can still unlock everything with the app without ever having it connect to the game, as long as it's connected to your uplay account.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    ShootRawGuy's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    139
    Originally Posted by Aenigmatix Go to original post
    The app is not dead. What makes you say that?

    My companion app is working just fine. Well, other than the fact that 4 of my best assassins were just killed on a mission where I can had a 93% chance of success, it's working just fine.
    Well....seems like 7% was enough to kill'em

    The app works fine. Only problem was when i opened chests where I unlocked "Rapier" and "Long Sword". I can simply not use em. I have no "equip" button.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    The app is working fine for me.
    But I have the same problem as BootlegBetty : I can't equip "Rapier" and "Long Sword"
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Nyvri's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5,676
    I completed the entire app a while back, I wouldn't say it's working fine. A lot of my club members are having syncing problems with it. The Tailored Phantom Wear still isn't usable for someone and another still doesn't have his Altair Robe. One of them can't even sync her game at all and Ubisoft refuses to address her ticket.

    Personally, I can use the Rapier and Long Sword just fine, but the Tailored Phantom Hood remains locked, there's one chest on my map that refuses to open, and apparently my last companion app contract is still incomplete.

    Maybe it's not the app, but that's where the people who addresses my ticket keeps pointing fingers at.
    Share this post