EscoBlades's Avatar Community Manager

AC Initiates Status [Read the first post]

Please refer to the following message from the Initiates team:

Hello Initiates,

We have taken the decision to place AC Initiates in a continued state of maintenance during the holiday period.

The reasoning for this is to minimize the effect from outages to your experience during this time, as well as to allow us work on ensuring the technical stability of the platform.

Although AC Initiates will be in maintenance and thus unavailable to access via the web or console browsers, all gold Initiates chests are now unlocked in game for online players. You will receive an in game error message when attempting to access the ACI website from in-game due to the maintenance. This is expected behaviour, and will be addressed in a future update. However, you will have unrestricted access to all the chests with the golden ACI crest and the rewards within them.

Please note that you won't be able to access the gold Initiates chests if you are playing offline.

Finally, we want to thank you for your continued passion and feedback. We hope you have a pleasant holiday period.

The AC Initiates team.

Well at least we know thank you, and have a Merry Christmas even though we rip you to bits at times

RinoTheBouncer's Avatar Senior Member
    Thanks a lot for all your efforts to craft a seamless experience. I hope that after the Holidays, we get to see the lore stuff back
    Have a a wonderful holiday and Merry Christmas.

Finally some great news thanks a lot and keep up the good work !
    Im trying to open my initiates chest now (im online) but its giving me a message connection failed [0x80000011], do we have to wait for an update to open them?
    And about the sword of eden i cant re equip it ! I finished the game but there isnt an equip button.. :/

EscoBlades's Avatar Community Manager
    Originally Posted by AC_Luigi Go to original post
    Finally some great news thanks a lot and keep up the good work !
    Im trying to open my initiates chest now (im online) but its giving me a message connection failed [0x80000011], do we have to wait for an update to open them?
    And about the sword of eden i cant re equip it ! I finished the game but there isnt an equip button.. :/
    Give it a few minutes then try again. The process of unlocking the chests is currently in progress.

As for your other query, please contact Support about this issue as it is not Initiates related.

When are these chests unlocking? My wife just tried opening one and the game said she needed initiates level 10 to do it.

Originally Posted by EscoBlades Go to original post
    Give it a few minutes then try again. The process of unlocking the chests is currently in progress.

As for your other query, please contact Support about this issue as it is not Initiates related.
    okay thanks a lot escoblade

Thank you, EscoBlades, for the update!

JRBabineau, per the post above yours, the process of unlocking the chests is currently in process.

EDIT: Now, if we could only get the Companion App team to do the same thing!

If the app is not necessary to unlock the chest, how about you make it so forever instead of having us to leave the pc/console to unlock a stupid chest?

ghostangel's Avatar Member
    Will the chest be permanently unlocked - even after the holidays?