Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Originally Posted by similarly Go to original post
    This is very likely NOT an issue with Ubisoft but rather with the 3rd Party site you bought the key from.
    Indeed - if you are affected, please contact your retailer.

Originally Posted by Mr_Shade Go to original post
    How about no?

It's a working key, which is all of a sudden not accepted by Uplay, what exactly should I contact my retailer for?
    You guys can't be serious!

This may not hold from a legal standpoint, but from a moral standpoint, Ubisoft accepted a contract with the customer; they're the ones who are trying to renege on the agreement. They need to make good, not the original retailer.

well.. thats some nice customer service, id say 20$ is too much for this service and broken game, make it work and you MIGHT have a case, rigth now i cant even play my copy.

Anykeyer's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by ConstiGoschn Go to original post
    It's a working key, which is all of a sudden not accepted by Uplay
    You contradict youself

Originally Posted by HamsterExAstris Go to original post
    This may not hold from a legal standpoint, but from a moral standpoint, Ubisoft accepted a contract with the customer; they're the ones who are trying to renege on the agreement. They need to make good, not the original retailer.
    Retailer is responsible for providing you a legit copy.
    Only once you have that legit copy you can expect further support from Ubisoft.

Originally Posted by fyrepony Go to original post
    20$
    Even restricted russian-only version of the game is retailed at $30-40. Stop being so stupid, you just gave your money to scammers.

kpF69k

Originally Posted by OsamaTouch Go to original post
    This happened to me too. I last played about 44 hours ago. I have at least a couple of dozen hours logged already. Now when I open Uplay AC Unity is not showing in the library. I tried to reactivate the game with the CD key I bought but uplay says the key is banned. I contacted customer support but It's Christmas Day tomorrow so I'm not expecting solutions too quickly.
    I'm angry as hell now. My CD key was legally bought and legit. I have not done anything to warrant a ban.
    I like how you copied my post from 12-24-2014, 09:41 PM and changed the hours. It's ok if you have the same problem.

Ok, all you Ubisoft apologists:
    - Why does Ubisoft take away the games without notifying the account owners? There's an email account connected to each of the accounts so it's not diffucult to contact the player and notify them. Communication is key to good customer service experience.
    - No reason for banning is provided even after contacting the customer support.
    - They ban cd keys without a notice/warning. Ubi assumes the account owners are guilty of doing something wrong and act before letting account owner provide proofs and whatnot.

Originally Posted by ConstiGoschn Go to original post
    How about no?

It's a working key, which is all of a sudden not accepted by Uplay, what exactly should I contact my retailer for?
    You guys can't be serious!
    If you have purchased a key from a non offiicial reseller - which is selling keys gotten in a non official way - and those keys are then revoked - your only course of action is a refund from that vendor.

If the Vendor didn't purchase the keys legitimately, unfortunately -Ubisoft won't replace them under any circumstances.

If you are unable to get a refund from the site directly - I suggest you contact your credit /debit card provider or paypal [if you used it]

Originally Posted by fyrepony Go to original post
    well.. thats some nice customer service, id say 20$ is too much for this service and broken game, make it work and you MIGHT have a case, rigth now i cant even play my copy.
    Unfortunately, since it's an issue with another company, I can only give you very basic help and advice - you should contact the site directly and get a refund asap - failing that your bank.

Originally Posted by HamsterExAstris Go to original post

Unfortunately the site is a non official reseller - so, we have to refer you back to them, since they are the ones selling the codes.

If you purchased from Ubisoft directly - we would help with the situation, however your contract is with the seller of the codes - and they appear to have been selling coded obtained illegitimately.

Codes sold legitimately - wouldn't be revoked in this manner - so normally customers wouldbn't be affected.

If you want a reason for these keys being revoked - I suggest you ask the retailer directly.

Originally Posted by komposiitti Go to original post
    I like how you copied my post from 12-24-2014, 09:41 PM and changed the hours. It's ok if you have the same problem.

Ok, all you Ubisoft apologists:
    - Why does Ubisoft take away the games without notifying the account owners? There's an email account connected to each of the accounts so it's not diffucult to contact the player and notify them. Communication is key to good customer service experience.
    - No reason for banning is provided even after contacting the customer support.
    - They ban cd keys without a notice/warning. Ubi assumes the account owners are guilty of doing something wrong and act before letting account owner provide proofs and whatnot.
    I have the same problem but have not been solved so far, and I have already played for 44 hours

Originally Posted by OsamaTouch Go to original post
    I have the same problem but have not been solved so far, and I have already played for 44 hours
    I suggest you contact your retailer again - since they should be able to resolve this for you.

If they can't - you should contact your bank or paypal - depending on your payment method.

Hey,

I have bought the game at the 7. Dec and played it some days long and suddently, The activation message apeared during the start of the game.
    And it is the same problem like the problem of the others. But why is the ubisoft support not able to tell me what is wrong with the key or why it is banned.

Nice Greets