UbiJustin's Avatar Community Developer

Lost Game Save / Corrupted Game Save - PC WORKAROUND

If you have loaded up AC Unity after patch 4 and you have found that either your progress has been reset or you are receiving a corrupted save error, there are a few things you can attempt to recover your save from the cloud.

Steps To Delete Local Save Files

Step 1: Navigate to one of the following files:
    Uplay - C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\[Uplay ID Number]\720
    Steam - C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\[Uplay ID Number]\857

Step 2: Back up these files
    • Copy these files and save them to your desktop or an external USB drive.

Step 3: From step 1, delete the \720 folder for Uplay or delete the \857 file for Steam. Here is additional information on how to do this.

Step 4: Completely close out of Uplay or Steam and restart.

Step 5: In the Uplay launcher Settings, ensure that "Enable Cloud Save Synchronization for supported games" is checked on.

Step 6: Start Unity and allow the game to sync from the cloud save.

This has worked for many players experiencing this issue; however, it may not work for all. If it does not work, restore your local save files from your back-up and please contact our customer support. We may not be able to restore your save, but we will be able to document the individual cases of this issue.

Additionally, you can try verifying your files or re-installing.

At the moment, this is only for PC and we are investigating reports of this on Consoles. If you are experiencing this on console, please contact customer support.

Please provide feedback below if this has worked for you.

Does not work

Originally Posted by UbiJohkr Go to original post
    If you have loaded up AC Unity after patch 4 and you have found that either your progress has been reset or you are receiving a corrupted save error, there are a few things you can attempt to recover your save from the cloud.

Uplay - C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\[Uplay ID Number]\720
    Steam - C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\[Uplay ID Number]\857

Step 3: From step 1, delete the \720 folder for Uplay or delete the \857 file for Steam. Here is additional information on how to do this.

Step 5: In the Uplay launcher Settings, ensure that "Enable Cloud Save Synchronization for supported games" is checked on.

This has worked for many players experiencing this issue; however, it may not work for all. If it does not work, restore your local save files from your back-up and please contact our customer support. We may not be able to restore your save, but we will be able to document the individual cases of this issue.

At the moment, this is only for PC and we are investigating reports of this on Consoles. If you are experiencing this on console, please contact customer support.

Everytime that I try to start the game and sync to cloud Uplay crashes. Now I have to reinstall the whole game. I want to like this game I really do, but sadly I cannot and I hate you for this Ubi you turned a franchise I loved into something I despise

UbiJustin's Avatar Community Developer
    Originally Posted by themaekster Go to original post
    Everytime that I try to start the game and sync to cloud Uplay crashes. Now I have to reinstall the whole game. I want to like this game I really do, but sadly I cannot and I hate you for this Ubi you turned a franchise I loved into something I despise
    The crash would be a different issue. What are your PC specs? Have you contacted support?

Even worse

Didn't work for me. It still kept starting over from the beginning no matter what i do.

didnt work. i ve done what you said and also updated the latest patch but nothing has changed. i cant believe i paid for this game. i regret it.

Unbelievable...

The game worked yesterday, but today I had a lot of problems.
    Sometimes it crash when I open it, sometimes it crashes when I'm loading my saves...
    I don't know what to do, I've tried to delete my saves but it doesn't work.
    Unbelievable.

Same problem over here, I'm really dissapointed by this, at first there was the bugs but I tought if they fix it there wouldn't be any problems but when they finally fix it my savegame stops working and I can't save anymore, I've played all of the franchise and I really love Assassin's Creed, but after Unity having all these glitches and problems, that can make me not play this game, I'm starting to think differently about this franchise.

Joke of the franchise.

Did this, followed every step I could find, it loads the save game from the the first video =)

This, ubisoft, is why Steam should handle the application integration, and you can stick to what you do best, making games we love, cause your application integration is the reason I won't support you again.

Everything I bought with helix points, as far as I know, could be gone. But my achievements, (which are completely useless to me now considering I lost all of them anyways) are there on uplay.

This all started with a purchase I made for more helix points, which inevitably did not appear on my ingame credits.

The frustration, my friends, is something I will indefinitely remember.
    Games like The Division, AC unity, etc. were the reason I've been keeping money aside, and now I'm wondering why I even bother supporting a group that's not even willing to fix an issue that was persistent from AC 1 and 2 already.
    I'm beyond disappointed, and I'm considering asking for a refund, as well as numerous comparisons to EA's motto as of late "let's just release the game cause who cares if some idiots lose all the time they put into it" -even though some of us work extremely hard during the day, and don't have the time to put back into the game, as we play for fun, losing around 25% completion is no joke.-

I hope this issue does not carry over into The Division, otherwise it's just another brick in the wall -like EA's titles (boycott 2 the m4x)- till eventually, I'd rather stick to Steam-only games.

didnt work!!!

The crash would be a different issue. What are your PC specs? Have you contacted support?
    NOPE!

Got the same issue. Bought the Games two days ago and the crash happens at the same point - after finishing: "Jugend in Versailles"

Deleting and loading saves from the cloud or what is written above does not help. the savegame itself seems to be corrupt and cant be repaired!

Played this **** three times now - everytime the same...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►