Patch downloads to 100 % then nothing happens. Keeps "downloading", never finishes.

Hi!

My first post here. Have searched the forum for quite some time, and should there still be a thread similar to this which I didn`t find, I`m sorry in advance.

It seems many have had problems with downloading and installing of patches, but i found none which was identical to mine. I recently purchased the Deluxe Edition (apparently), the physical copy with CD. Installed it, along came Uplay, was prompted to download a 9 GB (approximately) patch, and here comes the problem. The patch downloads to a 100 % but never finishes. It keeps "downloading" even though it has nothing more to download and it never installs. Why?

I have Windows 7 64 bit and the game is installed in the Program Files (x86) folder, should it matter.

I can play the game, no problem, but I don`t want to get too involved before I get the most recent version of the game. And which version is that by the way? Mine is 1.3-12253 now.

Cant wait to play it, looks terrific to me!
    Main menu soundtrack is awesome!!

Cheers

jsebela's Avatar Member
    The best solution would be to donwloand and install this game directly from uplay (without using installation DVD) and I would also recommend it to install it outside of program files directories. Install it to C:\Games (or other drive and directory which you prefer, it can make things a lot easier if you want to try mods - as modest advertisement I invite you to try mine).

Reason for this advice? Since the dev team was very inexperienced on bigger projects, they never did differential updates, so every time they released patch essentialy whole game began downloading itself. And it is also seen on unity performance. My mod also repairs some minor bugs which bothered people playing in other languages than english.
    And most recent (official) version is 1.5.16336

Now it stops at 99 %

Thanks for your reply, jsebela!

I uninstalled the game and Uplay, and did what you said. Downloaded Uplay from the internet and downloaded MMX, instead of installing it from the DVD. I created a new games folder in C:\ where I put it all. But now I`ve encountered a new problem. The download won`t finish. It stops at 99 % and 11049/11050 MB. I`ve tried two times. I have not let it stay on more than a little day before i uninstalled it and tried again (starting to get impatient). Do you think it needs more time than a day to finish after it reaches 99 %? What could be the problem this time? I opened Uplay regularly first, then as an administrator the second time. It didn`t change anything.

I`ve tried running the game by opening the "Might and Magic X Legacy.exe" file in folder "C:\Games\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Might & Magic® X Legacy\uplay_download\401", even though it hasn`t finished downloading. It opens and everyting seems fine. The version is 1.5.16336. But after I have created a party and tries to start, it always freezes at the first loading screen, whether I see the introduction video or esc it right away. When I ctrl+alt+dels I notice a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error has popped up. I guess this is all because the game hasn`t finished downloading and installed properly?

Kinda solved

New update (I keep updating in case someone experiences the same problems as me):

Re-installed the game yet another time, but this time I changed the directory again. Instead of the default path it wants to install (see post above), I moved it out of the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" folder and installed it directly in my own created "Games" folder. I did nothing to the "cache/installer" folder thingy (this one installed somewhere in the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" folder as always). I`m not sure if this was what fixed it (or if I just needed to re-install it x number of times), but now it kinda works! Yeeey! And by kinda I mean that I still cannot download it completely - it stops at 99 % and 11049 MB - but it doesn`t freeze when I start a new game Wihuuu! Hopefully it won`t at a later point either, and will work all the way through (fingers crossed).

Still, if someone knows why it stops at 99 % and have a fix to the problem - I`m all ears! It bugs me that everything isn`t as it should.

And yes, Christmas time is gaming time for me (nostalgia, here I come!).

Merry Christmas, everybody! And a happy new year!

jsebela's Avatar Member
    Sadly I don´t know why it does that. As this seems to be Uplay related problem, you could try to create a ticket and ask UBI about it directly. Who knows, they even might know something usefull (but don´t get your hopes high). Tickets may be created here: https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/

Already did! We'll see if they respond.

If they say something update the thread man
    Other people have this issue

Ubi-MoshiMoshi's Avatar Community Representative
    Hi Flufferboy and welcome to the forums, sorry to hear you are having this issue, are you now able to download completely?

There are more things to try in the FAQ here https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/0...lay-PC-Client/

Thanks for your patience

Originally Posted by Incredibile12 Go to original post
    If they say something update the thread man
    Other people have this issue
    Sorry to see people still have this problem. i never got it working properly. Eventuelly, I could play it, but never got past Act 1 (either because of a bug or because it never installed properly). However, if you alter one of the game files, don`t remember the details (Dev Dialog something), I was able to get past Act 1. But I lost interest in the game when it wasn`t working properly and I had to "cheat" my way through. If you search "how to get past Act 1" or "how to finish Forge", related to "bug" or something, you`ll find the same solution I found.

I bought a new PC sometime after that, and if I remember correctly, I installed the game without problems on that one. Never played it though, so don`t know if it is bug free.

I found my case with Ubisoft Support, I`ll paste it all down below. Hopefully it is helpful for somebody.

"Flufferboy
    Tue, 23 Dec 2014 15:50 UTC+0

When I try to install the game using the DVD disc, it installs allright (approximately 8 GB or so). Then I launch Uplay and it prompts me to download the patch (approximately 9 GB or so). This is where I encounter the problem. The downloading never finishes. It reaches 100 %, every MB is downloaded, but it still "downloads". Never installs. I can still launch the game, and it`s playable, even though the patch never finishes/installs, but it`s an outdated version. Version 1.3 something.

I have posted my problem on the Ubisoft forum and was suggested to download the game instead of installing it from the DVD, and also change the game directory. Anything but "Program Files (x86)". This time around the game is 11050 MB. But this time I encounter a somewhat different problem. This time it never finishes downloading. Each time it stops at 99 % and 11049/11050 MB. This time I can also launch the game, it`s the latest version 1.5 something, but cannot play it. It freezes every time during the first loading screen.

Please help me to be able to play the game and enjoy the most of it.

Here is the link to my forum thread. Somewhat more info about my problem there:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ever-finishes?

Thank you.

Flufferboy
    Thu, 25 Dec 2014 12:43 UTC+0

Re-installed it yet another time. Now it plays, even though it never finishes downloading (still 99 % and 11049 MB). So, it seems to work allright, it`s the latest version, but I`m dreading the day it freezes or something because it never got to 100 % and installed properly.

AdamG @ Ubisoft Support
    Tue, 6 Jan 2015 21:57 UTC+0

Hello,

My name is Adam and I sincerely apologise for the delay in getting back to you. I understand your ticket was originally sent some time ago now so I just need to ask if you still need assistance on this issue?
    If you have already solved the issue yourself (or if it has already resolved for you now) and you no longer need support, please ignore this email.
    I apologise again that we were unable to respond to you in time, but if you do need help still, please let me know and I will receive your reply and will do my best to help you.

Kind Regards,

Adam

Flufferboy
    Wed, 7 Jan 2015 11:29 UTC+0

Hi!

I still need help. The problem is not fixed. As my last post reads, I can play the game. But I cannot fly to the Forge (forgot the whole name, haven*t played in a while). The dialog with Lev is greyed out, and I cannot finish Act 1. I believe this is because i havent`t registered the game in-game. You know, entered the code to in order to redeem the extra dungeons and what not. At least this is what I have concluded after reading different forum threads. And that is because I am not able to! The error message reads: "not able to vonnect to Uplay" or something. I`ve read so many forum threads, and tried everything, but I am not able to register the game and complete Act 1. And I believe this might be because of, or related to, my previous problem with the downloading/installing (that never finishes) of the game.

It`s too bad. I love the game, and really want to be able to play more than Act 1.

AdamG @ Ubisoft Support
    Wed, 7 Jan 2015 15:29 UTC+0

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear you are still having this issue. Please can you try the following. Please note it is highly recommended to have both Uplay and the game on the C Drive in this solution.

1) Uninstall the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" software and the game from the 'Add/Remove Programs' (Windows XP) / 'Installed Programs' (this can be found via control panel)

2) _This is important_
    Ubisoft launcher leaves data on your computer. So we need to go delete it.
    C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (32-bit versions of Windows) or C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (64-bit versions of Windows). Delete the whole directory. We want all that gone.

3) Then visit
    http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Pr..._and_Uninstall and press the run now button.

4) Go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034 and press the fix it button.
    On the same page if you scroll down it says how you can fix it yourself if you have windows 8

5) Download Uplay again to the C: Drive.
    http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orbit/lau...yInstaller.exe

6) Right click Uplay - Properties - Compatibility - Check the box "Run this program as an administrator"Download the game again through Uplay to the C: Drive

7) Download and install the game again through Uplay (to the C: Drive)

8) Launch the game from the .exe file in the games folder where you have it saved to

If you still have further problems please let me know what the current situation is afterwards.

Thanks,

Adam"