crusader_prophet's Avatar Senior Member

Where is Marquis de Bullion Mission from E3?

So I was just tracing my steps back to the beginning of the hype for AC Unity, and stumbled upon the co-op E3 demo. It shows the assassination of marquis de bullion. Additionally, it also showed how the crowds reacted to the offensive approach and was used on the player's advantage to storm the palace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpJ6GICqQyc

For the single player demo...I did not experience any of that seamless transition to cinematics during the game or that particular encounter with the old man character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Og9q-i98E4

I did not experience any of that during my platinum journey of AC Unity? Were we duped by UbiSoft?

YukiFA's Avatar Member
    Not in the game, no they never react to player actions beyond running away from a murder or rushing to a coin bomb and yes, we were.

D.I.D.'s Avatar Senior Member
    You weren't duped. They just made a demonstration of the kind of thing you could expect to see, so that as much as possible of the game would feel fresh (unless you kept on watching other gameplay videos that told you in advance that they were definitely in the game). That's a good thing. Playing the first Ezio scene in Revelations was never going to be exciting when you'd already seen exactly how it played out already at E3.

I don't know if it's different on consoles or what, but on PC there was a lot of transition from cutscenes back to gameplay with no camera cuts (but of course there's a little LOD handwave in there so you don't notice the models being swapped). I can't remember any specific cases where gameplay moves into cinematics without a jump, so maybe that doesn't happen, but what a strange thing to feel cheated over!

Originally Posted by D.I.D. Go to original post
    You weren't duped. They just made a demonstration of the kind of thing you could expect to see, so that as much as possible of the game would feel fresh (unless you kept on watching other gameplay videos that told you in advance that they were definitely in the game). That's a good thing. Playing the first Ezio scene in Revelations was never going to be exciting when you'd already seen exactly how it played out already at E3.

I don't know if it's different on consoles or what, but on PC there was a lot of transition from cutscenes back to gameplay with no camera cuts (but of course there's a little LOD handwave in there so you don't notice the models being swapped). I can't remember any specific cases where gameplay moves into cinematics without a jump, so maybe that doesn't happen, but what a strange thing to feel cheated over!
    Strange thing? Are you kidding? We were promised seamless transition from cinematics to gameplay which is an integral component of immersion. That was not delivered. Situational reaction and awareness of crowd was promised and was indicated to be an element of gameplay style and lead to drastic changes and outcomes, except money bombs (which already existed in previous games), that was not delivered. The mob throwing stones during the party at the palace had a huge impact on the gameplay in the demo and changed the environment, none of that style of gameplay was embedded in the missions, which was again not delivered. So, I think I have the right and just to feel cheated.

YukiFA's Avatar Member
    A demonstration of crowd activity (the riot) that never happens once in the game with commentary that suggested that it would.

Yes, that seems completely legit.

Originally Posted by crusader_prophet Go to original post
    So I was just tracing my steps back to the beginning of the hype for AC Unity, and stumbled upon the co-op E3 demo. It shows the assassination of marquis de bullion. Additionally, it also showed how the crowds reacted to the offensive approach and was used on the player's advantage to storm the palace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpJ6GICqQyc

For the single player demo...I did not experience any of that seamless transition to cinematics during the game or that particular encounter with the old man character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Og9q-i98E4

I did not experience any of that during my platinum journey of AC Unity? Were we duped by UbiSoft?
    I was thinking about it all the time, and I realized that I was fooled by demo and trailers. Scam.

When I saw this trailer, storming of Bastille with crowd, I decided to pre-order the game. Can we play this French Revolution
    as an Assassin with 1080p/30p? Wow! I coulnd't wait...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzCEdSKMkdU

I've played Unity, got Platinum trophy and I actually love this game. I didn't have so many glitches, and could play online and app, I'm a lucky one.
    Still, I feel I was scammed.

Filthy Scums!

IMRicko's Avatar Member
    It's Ubisoft we are talking about here. They've been doing this kind of bait and switch stuff since 2010. Never trust any sneak peak, "leaked" footage or any other pre released materials of any Ubi games.

More missions and features they removed (probably because they weren't working quite right) so that they could get the game out in November. I was also disappointed that we never got to join the crowd during the storming of the Bastille, as another of the previews promised.

We can hope that some or all of these missions will appear in a future DLC, but I wouldn't hold my breath.