1. #1
    bdr529bb1980's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    7

    You have officially killed Driver.

    A free to play, mobile game....with speedboats. You are the cancer killing gaming, Ubisoft.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    bdr529bb1980's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    7
    This is absolutely disgusting. Ubisoft is obviously trying to upset Driver fans - watch them kill the Driver IP off next.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Ubi-Kay's Avatar Community Manager
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,589
    Hello,


    Sorry to hear you feel this way.

    Yes Driver Speedboat Paradise is free-to-play, meaning that you can download and finish the game for free, if you don't enjoy it then at least it did not cost you anything to try! The game is designed to be fun for players who do not wish to pay for it and while yes, you may be able to speed up progression through the game by paying, you do not need to and the choice is left to you.

    We wanted to keep the Driver IP alive and we also wanted a fresh take on the racing genre, doing this has allowed us to create a game with a storyline and a real universe players may be familiar with. Driver Speedboat Paradise shares a lot of the same themes from the previous Driver games. Our idea was to enhance the racing experience and build further upon speedboats first introduced in Driv3r.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    bdr529bb1980's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    7
    Blah, blah, yada yada, it's obvious what you're doing - this "game" is just a last ditch effort to make money off the Driver IP before you kill it off or put it in purgatory like Prince Of Persia. And don't edit my posts you Trotskyite, I have the right to call Ubisoft that, especially after the travesties known as The Crew and Watch_Dogs. You don't like what I type? Don't read it instead of editing my messages like the Thought Police.
    "a fresh take on the racing genre"........yeah, really fresh, like a freshly taken dump.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Disgusting indeed.
    See I hate when a company buys the rights to a game, because Driver can't be Driver without the Edmonson brothers being in HEAVY development. Ubisoft and the new Reflections staff just can't reproduce the entire Driver feel from the old games (Driver San Francisco is an example, nice game but why choose the Driver universe if it doesn't share anything from it?) and they are even going full ****** with Speedboat Paradise. This is also clear that it's a moneygrabbing product.

    Instead of making a useless spin-off, why don't fix Driver San Francisco on PC first since there are still features missing from the console versions and also random crashes in the online lobbies?
    Share this post

  6. #6
    bdr529bb1980's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    7
    Originally Posted by TheEngiGuy Go to original post
    Instead of making a useless spin-off, why don't fix Driver San Francisco on PC first since there are still features missing from the console versions and also random crashes in the online lobbies?
    Simple. They don't CARE one bit about the Driver franchise.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Please Ubisoft, This has nothing to do with DRIVER.
    Just that Tanner appears there doesnt make this game DRIVER. This is not a DRIVER game,has absolutely nothing to do with it. Thats an insult to the Franchise.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    This mobile game is a worldwide joke.
    Share this post

  9. #9

    I just want to say thanks.

    Originally Posted by Ubi-Kay Go to original post
    Hello,


    Sorry to hear you feel this way.

    Yes Driver Speedboat Paradise is free-to-play, meaning that you can download and finish the game for free, if you don't enjoy it then at least it did not cost you anything to try! The game is designed to be fun for players who do not wish to pay for it and while yes, you may be able to speed up progression through the game by paying, you do not need to and the choice is left to you.

    We wanted to keep the Driver IP alive and we also wanted a fresh take on the racing genre, doing this has allowed us to create a game with a storyline and a real universe players may be familiar with. Driver Speedboat Paradise shares a lot of the same themes from the previous Driver games. Our idea was to enhance the racing experience and build further upon speedboats first introduced in Driv3r.
    Well, I don't agree with them. While I understand where they are coming from, I still appreciate the effort and keeping Driver alive like you said. Plus, I think it looks fun! That is all... well, besides hoping something comes to consoles as well. PSN maybe?
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by gforeal Go to original post
    Well, I don't agree with them. While I understand where they are coming from, I still appreciate the effort and keeping Driver alive like you said. Plus, I think it looks fun! That is all... well, besides hoping something comes to consoles as well. PSN maybe?
    They are keeping it alive but in a bad way.
    Reflections has done a BAD move being sold by Ubisoft. Those guys are not only ruining Driver but they won't even fix their own abominations that is Watch Dogs and AC Unity for example. Even Driver San Francisco had limitations, poor optimization (at that time) and a horrible PC port.

    Why did you do that, Reflections?
    Share this post