Aenigmatix's Avatar Member

Some Legendary equipment, previously locked by Club Competitions, have been unlocked

I just opened ACU to find that certain legendary equipment, including Phantom and Brigand gear, have suddenly been unlocked and are available for me to equip. Here's a screen shot of Arno decked out in the Legendary Phantom gear. Pretty bad ass.

Has anyone else had this content suddenly unlocked? Does anyone know why Ubisoft made these available? I haven't seen anything in their recent announcements about it. Either way, I'm happy Ubisoft has at least made some of this content available in lieu of releasing Club Competitions.

Originally Posted by Aenigmatix Go to original post
    I just opened ACU to find that certain legendary equipment, including Phantom and Brigand gear, have suddenly been unlocked and are available for me to equip. Here's a screen shot of Arno decked out in the Legendary Phantom gear. Pretty bad ass.

Has anyone else had this content suddenly unlocked? Does anyone know why Ubisoft made these available? I haven't seen anything in their recent announcements about it. Either way, I'm happy Ubisoft has at least made some of this content available in lieu of releasing Club Competitions.
    yes, it seems they did unlock some previous club competition rewards...

In the last Unity live stream they said that they want to unlock some of these things bc Club Competitions need longer than expected. I mean they're still working on the bugs.

It's great but I feel like they're only keeping the rest locked so people will have incentive to play club competition.

The Club Competitions is still not available they're still working on the bugs, I'm a little disappointed they're only keeping the rest locked so people will have incentive to play club competition.

Anykeyer's Avatar Senior Member
    Wait wat? They unlocked legendary gear for everyone, and you dont even have to spend in-game money? Just like that? So everyone who gets this game for christmass will have the best stuff from the beginning? Ubi broke Unity even further then.

Originally Posted by AC_Mako Go to original post
    Wait wat? They unlocked legendary gear for everyone, and you dont even have to spend in-game money? Just like that? So everyone who gets this game for christmass will have the best stuff from the beginning? Ubi broke Unity even further then.
    Pump the brakes there, kid.

I have no idea why this legendary gear unlocked for me. It could be that they simply changed the requirements for unlocking this equipment from having to complete Club Comps to, I dunno, completing something else in-game. I doubt they would just unlock this gear for literally everyone, even people who haven't progressed far into the game. But I'm at 99% synchronization and I've completed almost everything there is to do in the game, so it's impossible for me to know what I did previously that allows me access to this gear.

If someone else who just bought the game sees that this gear is also unlocked for them, I would love it if they commented here. Because I agree - it would kinda suck if Ubisoft unlocked this gear for everyone all at once, without anyone having to earn it.

Originally Posted by Aenigmatix Go to original post
    Pump the brakes there, kid.

I have no idea why this legendary gear unlocked for me. It could be that they simply changed the requirements for unlocking this equipment from having to complete Club Comps to, I dunno, completing something else in-game. I doubt they would just unlock this gear for literally everyone, even people who haven't progressed far into the game. But I'm at 99% synchronization and I've completed almost everything there is to do in the game, so it's impossible for me to know what I did previously that allows me access to this gear.

If someone else who just bought the game sees that this gear is also unlocked for them, I would love it if they commented here. Because I agree - it would kinda suck if Ubisoft unlocked this gear for everyone all at once, without anyone having to earn it.
    It's unlocked, but you have to pay an amount of livres(in game currency), just like you would for any regular equipment. I suspect the mini-update they released recently unlocked a few legendary sets, that's why you are able to access these without having to play Club Comp.

Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Select Club Competition Legendary Items unlocked!

The following Legendary Items have been disengaged from the Club Competitions:
    Legendary Phantom Coat
    Legendary Phantom Bracers
    Legendary Phantom Belt
    Legendary Musketeer Bracers
    Legendary Musketeer Hood
    Legendary Musketeer Breeches
    Legendary Brigand Coat
    Legendary Brigand Bracers
    Legendary Brigand Belt

Club Competitions should begin once we’ve confirmed that Patch 4 is up and running smoothly!

Originally Posted by Mr_Shade Go to original post
    Select Club Competition Legendary Items unlocked!

The following Legendary Items have been disengaged from the Club Competitions:
    Legendary Phantom Coat
    Legendary Phantom Bracers
    Legendary Phantom Belt
    Legendary Musketeer Bracers
    Legendary Musketeer Hood
    Legendary Musketeer Breeches
    Legendary Brigand Coat
    Legendary Brigand Bracers
    Legendary Brigand Belt

Club Competitions should begin once we’ve confirmed that Patch 4 is up and running smoothly!
    Thanks, Mr_Shade!

Looks like there are no special requirements to access this gear -- just being able to afford them with enough livres.

I could complain that it gives newbies instant access to legendary gear, but honestly I don't care that much. I'm satisfied that Ubisoft has unlocked some of these pieces of equipment, and that's good enough for me.