Change AC Unity controls config back to original

I just started playing Unity and I have to say the control config is the worst. I would like to switch it back to the original config like L1 was eagle vision, and R1 was free run. Having to hold O or X sucks when free running is the worst idea ever. Coming from just putting 30 hours into Rogue and then coming straight into Unity, I can honestly say they screwed up with the new config. I hate it and I don't think I'll ever get used to it, in fact, I don't want to get used to it. I'd like the original normal controls back.

cawatrooper9's Avatar AC Forum Moderator
    The "original"would be the puppeterring concept, where triangle controlled the head (first person view/eagle vision), square controlled armed hand (weapon use), circle controlled unarmed hand (nudge/shove), and "x" controlled legs (blend/sprint). Just sayin'.

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    When was L1 ever Eagle vision?

SolidSage's Avatar Senior Member
    Nah, Unity's controls are good.

What they SHOULD do is;
    - Add an option to manually engage/disengage combat.
    - Add the empty hand option (right on D-Pad in place of BOOST slot), so I can quickly go to PG mode when the kids are watching. Plus have all those extra, awesome take down animations, added to my stockpile of martial aggro abuse tools

Originally Posted by SolidSage Go to original post
    Nah, Unity's controls are good.

What they SHOULD do is;
    - Add an option to manually engage/disengage combat.
    - Add the empty hand option (right on D-Pad in place of BOOST slot), so I can quickly go to PG mode when the kids are watching. Plus have all those extra, awesome take down animations, added to my stockpile of martial aggro abuse tools
    Ya i prefer unity control . once you get used to it. it is very easy to use.

For me the older ac control like ac1 and ac2 , is so hard to use that i need to use keyboard and mouse to play. Yes i am a pc player that use a controller to play ac game ><

Originally Posted by cawatrooper9 Go to original post
    The "original"would be the puppeterring concept, where triangle controlled the head (first person view/eagle vision), square controlled armed hand (weapon use), circle controlled unarmed hand (nudge/shove), and "x" controlled legs (blend/sprint). Just sayin'.
    OK, so maybe not original, but more like Rogue. It's almost unplayable it's so clunky. you could hold r1 and he would just know by what's in front of him whether he had to go up or down, you don't need a specific direction button. that's right, it was pressing the left stick in, typo, my mistake. I also like moving the analog sticks to resize the map instead of the r2 button. I'm midway through 3 and I still haven't gotten used to the controls yet. and having to buy or unlock all of the basic moves is crap too. I went to double assassinate 2 guards standing side by side with my hidden blade and I ended up stabbing them with my sword instead. And then I find out even though I was given the hidden blade earlier, I can't use it unless I buy the skill upgrade.

At this point, I'm forcing myself to play this. I've played and beaten every AC game, so it's not a matter of if you don't like it don't play it. I don't like feeling this way about an AC game though.

Fatal-Feit's Avatar Senior Member
    My only complaint about the controls are the piss poor wall eject function in the game.

Originally Posted by Fatal-Feit Go to original post
    My only complaint about the controls are the piss poor wall eject function in the game.
    Why? I actually quite like it. If there's a safe jump - Arno will do it, if there isn't, you have to tap the button again, it has actually saved me from several accidental deaths.

Fatal-Feit's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Farlander1991 Go to original post
    Why? I actually quite like it. If there's a safe jump - Arno will do it, if there isn't, you have to tap the button again, it has actually saved me from several accidental deaths.
    It's already safe as it is since wall eject requires a pause and tap, but that's not my main concern. It's the fact that he can't eject to the sides.

deskpe's Avatar Senior Member
    You jstu got used to one thing in rogue and then u feel any change is abd casue youre not sued to it yet. ACU controls are good.