🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Hypothetical; Songs Lacking an Instrument - Future DLC

This is something of an odd question, as that some of the songs in RS, RS14, and RSDLC, lack certain instruments.

I was wondering on a whole, if the Dev's try to avoid tracks that are missing primary instruments on a whole, or if that even enters the thought process.

The biggest standout example I can think of is a rather new band, Royal Blood, who as been blasting their way across Sirius XM. They have a Bassist and a Drummer, and would be a blast to play.

Just interested what others have to weigh in on this. Should all DLC have all three parts, or should that be secondary to the discussion?

flynlion's Avatar Senior Member
    BachSmith

dm_gsxr's Avatar Senior Member
    I think you're more likely to find songs without a Bass track. Star Spangled Banner or the White Stripes ones. I want to say there was one song with just a Bass track in RS1 (Boss?) but I may be misremembering.

One thing I noticed is there are very few TAB books for Bass. Is it because there's a smaller audience or because it's that much easier to play Bass?

Carl

flynlion's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by dm_gsxr Go to original post
    One thing I noticed is there are very few TAB books for Bass. Is it because there's a smaller audience or because it's that much easier to play Bass?

Carl
    It may be that bass players like to know what the other instruments are doing, and can usually write a decent bass line after looking at the guitar (and drummer) part.

Gold_Jim's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by dm_gsxr Go to original post

Carl
    I'm not in marketing at Hal Leonard, but I would have to guess that the market isn't really as large as for guitar. Thing is that there's a crap ton more people likely to at least make an attempt at playing guitar, so the sales are probably higher for guitar than bass. If you look at Guitar World, they put the bass tab with the guitar every month, but they closed down Bass Guitar being published as a separate mag. Even though they insisted that they would cover bass in GW, they did away with the lessons and most of the articles. It was just cost cutting measures. There was a little upheaval, but nothing crazy. At least they maintained the bass lines.

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    Talk about the music, do not request the music as DLC.