🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

View Poll Results: Which Top-40 Requested Artist Will Get DLC Treatment Next?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Beatles, Led Zepplin or Jimi Hendrix

3 4.84%
  • Def Leppard, Motley Crue or Scropions

13 20.97%
  • Metallica, Slayer or Slipknot

4 6.45%
  • Eagles, Dire Straits or Stevie Ray Vaughan

6 9.68%
  • Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osborne or Tool

5 8.06%
  • AC/DC, Van Halen or Guns 'N Roses

5 8.06%
  • The Rolling Stones** or Pink Floyd

1 1.61%
  • Green Day, Linkin Park or Bullet For My Valentine

2 3.23%
  • Bon Jovi, Nirvana** or ZZ Top

7 11.29%
  • Rage Against the Machine, Queens of the Stone Age or Red Hot Chili Peppers

16 25.81%
    The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member

Which Top-40 Requested Artist Will Get DLC Treatment Next?

Thanks to The Riff Repeater for Ubisoft's list of the Top-40 Most Requested Bands through their Facebook request app. Ubi has released DLC packs for 12** of those 40 already, which I'd say is a pretty solid figure, but of course we're always hungry for that next HUGE pack. So, which "Most Requested" band (who doesn't already have a dedicated pack) do you think will be the next to be released?

** Does not include Nirvana or The Rolling Stones, who both have 3 or more songs each between RS and RS2014 on-disc selections.

1. AC/DC
    2. The Beatles
    3. Black Sabbath
    4. Bon Jovi
    5. Bullet For My Valentine
    6. Def Leppard
    7. Dire Straits
    8. Eagles
    9. Guns 'N Roses
    10. Jimi Hendrix
    11. Led Zepplin
    12. Linkin Park
    13. Metallica
    14. Motly Crue
    15. Nirvana**
    16. Ozzy Osborne
    17. Pink Floyd
    18. Queens of the Stone Age
    19. Rage Against the Machine
    20. Red Hot Chili Peppers
    21. The Rolling Stones**
    22. Scorpions
    23. Slayer
    24. Slipknot
    25. Tool
    26. Van Halen
    27. Stevie Ray Vaughan
    28. ZZ Top

Edit:
    -- Missed the Green Day DLC pack already released, but cannot edit the poll at this point.

Updated 12/5/2014:

Correct answer...... Bullet for My Valentine.

followed closely by Foo Fighters (pack 2), Bon Jovi, Rage Against the Machine, and Jimi Hendrix.

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Slayer for sure

SeattleSauve's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by toymachinesh Go to original post
    Slayer for sure
    I still think Def Leppard will get a pack one of these days... We know Rage is coming out at some point.

I was thinking Van Halen might since they were back in studio and Led Zepplin was getting remastered so that seemed possible but toy might be right. Since we already have Slayer, they might be more willing to do another...depending how sales were...

Marauder359's Avatar Banned
    If the question is which it will be, the most likely are Nirvana, The Rolling Stones, Queens of the Stone Age, and Red Hot Chili Peppers, since there's already some degree of relationship between Ubisoft/Rocksmith and those bands and/or their representation. That said, I was slightly surprised not to have already gotten a RHCP's pack, from either RS1 or RS2014, which might mean there's an issue there. I'm also slightly surprised that there hasn't already been a Nirvana pack this year given the anniversary and Hall of Fame hoopla, so I'd probably guess the Stones or QotSA would be most likely.

Which of those would I want in a perfect world? Pink Floyd.

Which of those would I want in the world we're in? Maybe the ****in' Eagles? Even though I hate the ****in' Eagles, man.

And what would I like more than any of those? Tom Petty.

[Edit: I forgot Slayer and Def Leppard both have material already, so they'd also fit in that column.]

Regarding the Stones and Nirvana already having 3-4 songs between the 2 discs, I'm not sure whether that makes them more or less likely to get a true dlc "pack" in the future.

I gotta think an Ozzy/Sabbath pack is due at some point unless they are just pricing themselves out of Ubi's ballpark.

AtreidesGhola's Avatar Member
    I know who we won't see: Floyd, Zepp, Guns 'n' Roses, and The Beatles. If Ubi gets any of these, I'll eat my Les Paul.

I'm figuring Sabbath/Ozzy is the most likely...they've done this for more games than Rocksmith, and I'm sure the Osbourne family needs the funds for Ozzy's meds.

Boy, would I like to see some Sabbath from the Dio years, though. Heaven and Hell, Die Young, Country Girl, I...anything off any of the albums with Dio, including the material from The Devil You Know.

I could do with some more Yacht Rock, too...specifically, Steely Dan. Pretzel Logic, Dr. Wu, Don't Take Me Alive.

King of Sting20's Avatar Banned
    Would love a 5 pack of Dire Straits. (not a request as I have requested every Knopfler song ever recorded already LOL)

But they are all the top 40 requested for a reason...I wouldn't be disappointed in any of them.

I suspect we would see a QotSA first or possibly Petty. (oh yea and RATM, as XBOX dropped the ball on that one)

After watching the History of the Eagles...they seem to enjoy making money quite a bit, so I wouldn't be surprised to see em sooner or later.

Least likely, I still hold firm with Tool being the least likely followed by Zeppelin, GnR and Metallica.

P308R's Avatar Member
    Would be nice to see a "single" pack from different bands from the poll.

Scorpions - Still loving you

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►