🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

AMD Omega Driver, Massive boost in Frame-rate for ACU

If you are an AMD GPU owner then you better get the new AMD Omega driver, since it boosts frame-rates of ACU massively. my R9 280 and FX-8350 are now giving me 43fps in Cite on top of the church, where before around that areas I was getting low 20s.

All 8 cores are a lot more initialised so basically 20fps increase in the same area.

Release notes http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...easeNotes.aspx

Download: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Information about the Omega driver: http://community.amd.com/community/a...catalyst-omega

GPU tested on and confirmed 15-20fps increase: R9 280 with the settings as follows:

Resolution: 1920x1080
    Graphics Quality: Custom

Environment Quality: Ultra High
    Texture Quality: Ultra High
    Shadow Quality: High
    Ambient Occlusion: SSAO
    Anti-Aliasing Quality: FXAA
    Bloom: On

Full spec for comparisons:

AMD FX-8350
    Asus M5A97 EVO R2 motherboard
    8Gb Corsair Vengeance RAM (1866Mhz)
    XFX R9 280 DD
    Windows 7 64bit
    Crucial 240GB SSD
    Corsair RM 550 PSU
    Corsair A50 CPU cooler

Concurred. These are a must download/install if you have AMD hardware.

I'd also advise anyone thats reading this that's not installed them to completely clear out your old drivers first. There have been reports of conflicts by people who installed them on top of the old ones. Easiest way to do this is download a 3rd party software (i.e. Display Driver Uninstaller) and follow the instructions to do that and then install Omega.

Red_dawn87's Avatar Member
    is there any fps drop near the notre damm

I dunno about the performance....but this driver literally broke the game for me.
    My menu and HUD is all sort of bugged now... bought into this hype as well.

First post ever, just writting to confirm that I get (during a quick 30min play) at least 10FPS more with the new driver, computer specs:

CPU: Core i5 3570k
    GPU Radeon HD 7970 GHz 3GB
    RAM: 16GB
    SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB

Game configuration:

Resolution: 1920x1080
    Env. Quality: Ultra High
    Textures: Ultra High
    Shadows: High (PCSS gives me a 10FPS hit)
    Amb. Occlusion: SSAO (+HBAO used to make no difference now it's giving me a few FPS hit (between 3 and 5))
    AA: FXAA (MSAAx2 gives me a massive hit, going from 40+ FPS to 18FPS in the same spot)
    Bloom: On

Now I can walk near Cafe Theatre without any problems, even there it's working fluidly...

Edit: Added resolution

Originally Posted by leonjim Go to original post
    is there any fps drop near the notre damm
    Nope, I used to get 16fps around the Cite there and now I'm getting 35-45fps.

Red_dawn87's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by WrATHZero Go to original post
    Nope, I used to get 16fps around the Cite there and now I'm getting 35-45fps.
    Awsome downloading it atm will try is out and post my exp.

This should be a sticky.

i just get the 14.2 drivers. not the beta but the official.

is this it?

or are the omega drivers?

I can confirm a massive boost using this driver. (omega driver is the official 14.12 driver found here http://support.amd.com/en-us/download)

Running the game using i5 2500k at 4.2GHz and an overclocked 7970 3GB card, with 1080p, Ultra high environments and textures, high shadows, SSAO and FXAA and bloom on.

Before the new driver it would drop below 20 fps standing at the fountain outside your office or at Notre Dame. Now it's 40fps at those places and mostly around 50fps in non problem areas. So maybe constant 60 fps or near is possible with patch 4 after all.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last ►►