🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Jayrocksd's Avatar Senior Member

Why is Slash's lead singer also singing for Alter Bridge?!?

OK, I am sure this isn't news to anyone else, but I was surprised to by this. I bought the XBox ONE version of Rocksmith 2014, and have been going through playing all of the multitude of DLC I own at least once on lead guitar. I was finishing up the last of the D Drop C songs and was half way through Isolation by Alter Bridge when I was like, "Hey that's Myles Kennedy!" I had probably played the Slash songs a combination of 30 times, and the Alter Bridge songs more than that and I had never put that together.

I do love that Rocksmith allows me to learn about other bands and music styles, and I guess that just goes to show that it is easy to tune out the lead singer if you are struggling to hit the right notes.

Originally Posted by Jayrocksd Go to original post
    OK, I am sure this isn't news to anyone else, but I was surprised to by this. I bought the XBox ONE version of Rocksmith 2014, and have been going through playing all of the multitude of DLC I own at least once on lead guitar. I was finishing up the last of the D Drop C songs and was half way through Isolation by Alter Bridge when I was like, "Hey that's Myles Kennedy!" I had probably played the Slash songs a combination of 30 times, and the Alter Bridge songs more than that and I had never put that together.

I do love that Rocksmith allows me to learn about other bands and music styles, and I guess that just goes to show that it is easy to tune out the lead singer if you are struggling to hit the right notes.
    It's the other way around; Alter Bridge's singer is singing for Slash. To answer your question, Slash loved his vocals and asked him to sing a track (or two if I remember right) on his solo record a few years ago. Liked him so much he asked him to be part of his band. Now he, Miles Kennedy, does double-duty.

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    That dude is a solid guitar player, too. I expected to be in awe of Mark Tremonti when I saw Alter Bridge, but Myles Kennedy really surprised me.

Looks like I get to comment before this is inevitably moved to the "General Discussion" page.

I actually like both. Guns N' Roses was this incredible maelstrom of talent across the board, but I do like Slash's solo work. Hard to replace Axl Rose though. I do enjoy playing Alter Bridge in Rocksmith. The songs are good and the guitar is definitely fun to play. Rise Today is especially challenging. BTW, there was a great documentary on Slash on DirecTV. I especially liked when David Geffen call's Slash's mom who was a well known designer in LA and asked, "How is the family? How is little Saul?" And her reply was, "You should know. He's on your label," Apparently that was a surprise to him.

In short Miles Kennedy can cover gnr songs and any of the other slash songs as well or better than the prior singers.

Originally Posted by forest1903 Go to original post
    Looks like I get to comment before this is inevitably moved to the "General Discussion" page.
    A general discussion about Rocksmith DLC. Good Point though. I will try and not be such a noob next time. I have brought shame upon my family.

Originally Posted by JakeSeattleX19 Go to original post
    In short Miles Kennedy can cover gnr songs and any of the other slash songs as well or better than the prior singers.
    He can definitely cover them well. And Axl is a a bit eccentric. But there was something magical about Appetite for Destruction that can never be reproduced.

For me the difference is you can understand the words.

Originally Posted by JakeSeattleX19 Go to original post
    For me the difference is you can understand they words.
    Nothing but mad love and respect for Myles Kennedy. That is a great cover. And I would take the modern day Myles Kennedy over the current Axl Rose too. Axl kind of lost his voice in the early 90s. He was amazing in his prime though.