ZumaRocks's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by BazzTard61 Go to original post
    It's gonna be a busy February for us PS3 EUers-Foo Fighters (maybe) BFMV, Bon Jovi, RATM and Jimi !

bought another pedal with my DLC savings, thanks RS and Sony!
    Shouldn't you be playing the August and September DLC right about now?

I am curious as to why Dan said that Tuesday would be interesting. Maybe there will be an announcement related to next year's dlc?

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by pedietz Go to original post
    it also means there's 6 months of DLC in the pipeline.
    Yeah, echoing Jarred, not really an A=B situation. Some things need to sit on the shelf for legal or scheduling reasons -- one artist this year gave permission, the tracks were done, then changed their mind three weeks before it was due to come out, then changed their mind back! -- but most stuff is put into the release process ASAP.

But thanks for the kind remarks, everybody, and I am really glad to see folks excited for this DLC come out next week. I'm stoked too. And Paul Cross is likely more excited than anybody!

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by pedietz Go to original post
    it also means there's 6 months of DLC in the pipeline.
    Yeah, echoing Jarred, not really an A=B situation. Some things need to sit on the shelf for legal or scheduling reasons -- one artist this year gave permission, the tracks were done, then changed their mind three weeks before it was due to come out, then changed their mind back! -- but most stuff is put into the release process ASAP.

But thanks for the kind remarks, everybody, and I am really glad to see folks excited for this DLC come out next week. I'm stoked too. And Paul Cross is likely more excited than anybody!

Bon Jovi last week, RATM next week, Jimi the week after, can't ask for much more, Ubisoft staff deserve a great holidays. I hope you'll feed us with some more great songs in 2015. I've bought a guitar when i've heard about Jimi, now there's too many reason to learn that small six string bass

RATM isn't my thing, but you won't hear me whine about it. It's obviously popular with a big chunk of the community, which means it should sell well, which means it's good for the game, and what's good for the game is good for me.

Besides, speaking on behalf of the 'old fart' contingent, since October we've had the Arena Rock and the Foreigner pack, excellent packs from Tom Petty and the Foo Fighters, a truly epic pack from Bon Jovi, and Jimi Hendrix on the way. The good stuff is coming so quickly that for the first time, I haven't been able to master all the songs I wanted to in a pack before the next one came barging in, demanding my attention. You guys could take a break for a few months and I'd still have plenty to keep me busy.
    That was NOT a suggestion.

To hop on the 'kudos' bandwagon for a moment here, I do want to say that you guys are doing great work with the licensing, great tones and transcriptions, and maintaining a level and quality of community interaction that other game studios could learn a lot from. Your enthusiasm and respect for the music, the game, and the instrument, really shines through, and I think it means a lot to the community.
    I'm no fanboy, but you've got me excited to see what you come up with next.

Femacejo's Avatar Member
    Woah, Rage against the Machine . . . NICE. And RS222 solved that clue really fast . . . . Maybe RS222 is a Chemist.

RollingStone222, are you really Walter White ?

Dagreenskins's Avatar Banned
    With all these great bands showing up in RS maybe the music community is starting to take notice of how cool this product is. I know it is considered a "Game" but it is a game that can actually teach people how to play an instrument. Can't wait to see what is in store for us in 2015. How can they top all this;

We got some great top 40 requested bands
    We are now on the Xbox 1 and PS4
    We are also going to be on Tablets

I am sure we will not see a new version of RS but who knows.

thequickmind's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Yrd Go to original post
    I hope we get this version!

http://youtu.be/mOE9fE72QLg
    LOL. Very funny. Reminds me of this version of Iron Maiden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJkYGNiBkso

Finster Folly's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by MaizeAndBlue Go to original post
    I am curious as to why Dan said that Tuesday would be interesting. Maybe there will be an announcement related to next year's dlc?
    Yea, I am curious too. I read that as there is another surprise in store, but I think it is related to the DLC release. Extra songs? A complete album?

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    I'll take the whole self titled album, thanks.