sh1kamaru-'s Avatar Senior Member
    I wish Know Your Enemy is included, that song’s so powerful !

Great news. I wonder why people waste their time arguing over the “mega-hit” or not… what’s the point ? If you like it that’s fine, if you don’t that’s fine too, you’ll get the opportunity to save for Hendrix

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by thequickmind Go to original post
    LOL. Very funny. Reminds me of this version of Iron Maiden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJkYGNiBkso
    I need to go request some Richard Cheese:

OnicaBonica's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    BTW, we have approached Dire Straits (and hundreds of other artists) and we do not currently have their permission to include them in the game. Same goes for Metallica, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, and pretty much every other very popular or influential rock band you can think of. We are hopeful that some of these artists will want to be involved in the future; we have seen some artists change their mind and we hope that the more Rocksmith continues to establish itself, the artists who are less interested may become more interested.

Time will tell -- but just so you know, it's not because we didn't think to ask them. The music you love, respect, and want to play is the music that we love, respect, and want to play.

bit.ly/rsprocess
    I'm away to sit in a dark room and silently cry.

flynlion's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by OnicaBonica Go to original post
    I'm away to sit in a dark room and silently cry.
    I'm sad too I know Paul's tweets don't always come true but this time I really did get my hopes up. I even started a thread about it:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...8-Dire-Straits

Oh well, just like the Brooklyn Dodger fans always say, "Wait till next year!"
    Guess I'll just have to busy myself with Jimi and Carlos and Tom Petty and Dylan and Boston and The Who and BachSmith and............

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by OnicaBonica Go to original post
    OK, whatever you say. 16 million worldwide sales (according to Wikipedia) doesn't scream megahit to me. But remember music is subjective.
    http://www.theguardian.com/music/200...stmas-number-1

They sure have a lot of fans in the UK

Originally Posted by flynlion Go to original post
    I'm sad too I know Paul's tweets don't always come true but this time I really did get my hopes up. I even started a thread about it:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...8-Dire-Straits

Oh well, just like the Brooklyn Dodger fans always say, "Wait till next year!"
    Guess I'll just have to busy myself with Jimi and Carlos and Tom Petty and Dylan and Boston and The Who and BachSmith and............
    Oh yeah! There's a ton of DLC I still want to get! Don't get me wrong I'm totally disappointed that Dire Straits aren't coming to RS anytime soon but there are still plenty of songs for me to buy! Especially Jimi Hendrix! That's what I'm most excited for now! Unless Fleetwood Mac are announced!

Originally Posted by toymachinesh Go to original post
    http://www.theguardian.com/music/200...stmas-number-1

They sure have a lot of fans in the UK
    It wasn't fans of RATM that got them that #1 single. It was the whole 'X Factor ruling the Christmas #1 for years' and a Facebook campaign urging people to buy 'Killing In The Name' to tell Simon Cowell that we won't do what he tells us.

It was a sort of protest to break Simon Cowell's reign of the Christmas #1 spot. Which the X Factor Winners Song had won for years up until that point.

dm_gsxr's Avatar Senior Member
    I watched the videos posted back earlier and I really like the guitar. I can barely understand the singer though. So I may get it since I generally don't pay attention to the singer unless there's no guitar playing

Carl

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    With 6 songs I'm sure there'll be plenty for any Rage fan. Any of their radio mega-hits would be fine by me, but I really hope we get No Shelter from the Godzilla (1998) soundtrack). Love that riff and the guitar is pretty straight forward without a lot of unusual sounds or techniques.