Kimundi's Avatar Senior Member

So long, and thanks for all the serpentflies! – A goodbye letter from Kimmundi

My dear champions,

It’s with a heavy heart that I have to do this announcement. Let’s get to the point directly: I will not be working on Duel of Champions after Tuesday, December 9th. You have all read the exciting announcement of BlueByte take-over and it’s confident that I leave this project for new horizons, knowing this awesome game is now in good and capable hands. I am leaving Ubisoft as a whole as my contract is reaching its end.

Well, it has been an awesome ride. I have been a Community Manager (and much more) on this game with one year and a half. And I loved every second of it. I started a total newbie, with only basics of understanding of the game, and last month I casted the Finals of our World Championship. What a ride! You are the best community a CM could hope for: demanding, mature, but also open to discussion and arguments, full of ideas, dedicated to your passion.

It was a pleasure for me to meet some of you, to get involved in your activities. My main focus always was on the French community at first, and it was a pleasure to help my Baguettes fellow. MoMCards, Poulpe TV, OTCG, Platoon Gaming, Henip, Les Trentenaires, Millenium, Ogaming, JeuxOnline… So many talented people and groups that make the game what it is today.

I also had the awesome opportunity to extend my responsibilities and to become a more international-oriented Community Manager, and I met awesome people from all over the World. I can’t name all of you, but you know if I’m talking about you!

I’ve done much more than I expected in this job. Two major community tournaments, countless hours of streaming, presence at events to meet the community IRL. I will always remember this as one of the best experience in my life.

I don’t really know where the tides of fate will take me, but I hope I can still be part of this adventure, either professionally or as a casual player and stream viewer.

Now let’s get to the practical side!

The Community Management activities will also been taken over by BlueByte, and don’t worry I have been in discussion with them to get them up to speed.

However, I will take care of my responsibilities until the last moment. If you are an organizer waiting for tournament rewards, please contact me ASAP to remind me about it. All rewards will be sent before my departure. For those who won T-shirts on the Team Stream, don’t worry they are already in the mail.

I will also distribute my remaining codes to our streamers, it won’t be much but at least they’ll have some!

Speaking about Streaming, I will of course do one last Team Stream next Tuesday. To celebrate, I will begin a bit earlier, around 4pm Paris I think. I will keep you updated on that but I hope to see you there!

If you want to stay in contact with me, don’t hesitate to like and contact me on my Facebook page.

Thanks for everything,

Your dedicated Kimmundi.

#Serpentfly4President
    #KittenWarrior4VP
    #BeretMasterRace

Licker34's Avatar Senior Member
    You will be missed, but hopefully this will be a positive change for you

Kimmundislav, you were one of the best things in this game and I'm saddened to see you go.
    But as you said, new horizons await, new berets to fill

Best of luck and may the serpentflies be with you!

M0rw47h's Avatar Senior Member
    I can't deal with this.

Thoutmosis1's Avatar Member
    This is sad, but... Merci beaucoup pour tout ce que tu as fait pour la communauté ! Toujours le sourire, diplomate impeccable et à l'écoute. C'était parfait !

J'espère qu'on te verra quand même traîner un peu sur les forums/dans le jeu...

Bonne continuation

twardy_'s Avatar Banned

sad

no more baguette streams ;(

Licker34's Avatar Senior Member
    Well if Blue Byte is German, and we get a German community manager (who can be only half as good as Kimmundi and still be great) we will get brezel streams!

Long live the beret!

Best of luck with your future endeavors my friend, it was a blast working on this great game with you! You are one of the most dedicated person I've worked with. You will be missed, but at least DoC will have a breath of fresh air at Blue Byte.

Seeya around

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►