Now, I'm starting to really hate it. Reason is that patch after patch (especially EAP + patch) online play is gone FUBAR. Time after time, I get killed where either there's no one around me, or the guy who's fighting me is shooting and those bullets/tracers are going all the way behind me and he's still making hits... or simply, all of the sudden having no controls after making a pass against a 109 and seeing absolutely no shots fired by him.

Oleg, for me this is it... game code is completely ruined (who ever is working on it making it "better").

For once I would really like to see an end to FM mockery etc, and plane after plane being added and the actual playability is going to waste.

The only reason why I stayed with IL-2 etc since I got it in Dec 2001 is the online play where I can fly against real people and actually have a good grade of realism and detail to everything in this game. But what is happening now is just making me scream to uninstall it and never get any game made by this team again simply because, now, I have a feeling that as the time pases by and so called improvements are made, the core of the sim is gone to waste for me.

Why can't the developers fix this damn thing and lock it and just let it be once it's good and not change it all the time and just make it worse and worse.

Sadly, after so many good times with it, IL-2 is hanging on thing line for me

Oh and by the way, I'm not about whining why I get shot down (if I get shot down fair and square) but this "net bug" I call it, is pretty much happening to everyone. It's not a whine about planes FM or other stuff like that... it's purely a net code being so badly done now. I have no idea what they have done to it, maybe they have reduced the amount of "important" data being transferre to reduce lag and all, but what ever it is... the thing that really matter the most on combat (knowing where your enemy is and where he's aiming/shooting) are just incorrect now.
    --------------------------------------

[This message was edited by RAAF_Edin on Wed June 02 2004 at 03:54 AM.]

[This message was edited by RAAF_Edin on Fri June 04 2004 at 09:02 PM.]

Now, I'm starting to really hate it. Reason is that patch after patch (especially EAP + patch) online play is gone FUBAR. Time after time, I get killed where either there's no one around me, or the guy who's fighting me is shooting and those bullets/tracers are going all the way behind me and he's still making hits... or simply, all of the sudden having no controls after making a pass against a 109 and seeing absolutely no shots fired by him.

Oleg, for me this is it... game code is completely ruined (who ever is working on it making it "better").

For once I would really like to see an end to FM mockery etc, and plane after plane being added and the actual playability is going to waste.

The only reason why I stayed with IL-2 etc since I got it in Dec 2001 is the online play where I can fly against real people and actually have a good grade of realism and detail to everything in this game. But what is happening now is just making me scream to uninstall it and never get any game made by this team again simply because, now, I have a feeling that as the time pases by and so called improvements are made, the core of the sim is gone to waste for me.

Why can't the developers fix this damn thing and lock it and just let it be once it's good and not change it all the time and just make it worse and worse.

Sadly, after so many good times with it, IL-2 is hanging on thing line for me

Oh and by the way, I'm not about whining why I get shot down (if I get shot down fair and square) but this "net bug" I call it, is pretty much happening to everyone. It's not a whine about planes FM or other stuff like that... it's purely a net code being so badly done now. I have no idea what they have done to it, maybe they have reduced the amount of "important" data being transferre to reduce lag and all, but what ever it is... the thing that really matter the most on combat (knowing where your enemy is and where he's aiming/shooting) are just incorrect now.
    --------------------------------------

[This message was edited by RAAF_Edin on Wed June 02 2004 at 03:54 AM.]

[This message was edited by RAAF_Edin on Fri June 04 2004 at 09:02 PM.]

thats sad but true.
    What else can i say?

Strange. I experience no such things. It's smooth and rock solid over here.

It may be possible that your ISP's quality of service has gone down lately. Maybe they're overselling their bandwidth? Happens a lot you know.

ucanfly's Avatar Senior Member
    I have to agree that the "net bug" is affecting such good servers like greater green (with pings lower than 200 ms). It is really hard to avoid someone and maintain E when it looks like they are missing you by a mile and you get hit anyway.

Please fix this if at all possible!

While I'm far from the point of removing FB from my PC, I do share your concern regarding the "stealth" opponents. It now happens in almost every df room I've entered since the patch and it pretty much keeps me away from df servers now. Don't get me wrong, I'll tip my hat to the better virtual pilot every time, but it's awfully difficult (and frustrating) to take on an opponent you cannot see.

Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    "online play experience may change"

I would say that the code is but one factor making your online experience screwy, Edin. Am I the only one who's noticed that in the past 5 years, the internet has steadily gotten screwier and screwier in general?

The hillsides ring with, "Free the People",
    Or can I hear the echoes from the days of '39?
    ~ Clash

I'ts just not IL-2, its all internet games Ie, CS, DOD, DF, MW, etc. We used call this problem lag, packet loss etc.

ppl with high pings were called HPBs, & generaly kicked off the severs, then ppl with fast conn's were often accused as being cheats et, then as haveing no skill, & only had sucess because of their low pings, these ppl were known as LPBs...

Now I hav no idea what their caling it as I don't play OL games anymore except occasionaly some CS or DOD, or occasionaly I let Ivan and Korolov use me as a target drone ......

Regards, John Waters

---------
    Notice: Spelling mistakes left in for people who need to correct others to make their life fulfilled.

----
    The one that gets you is the one that you'll never see.
    -----

----

"After 44 we called the new models the 'bumps', because every new model had another bump or hump on the fuselage, which naturally was particularly bad for the flight characteristics of the aircraft."

Walter Krupinski: on the Bf 109...
    ----

-----
    "The damn Jerries have stuck their heads in the meatgrinder, and I've got hold of the handle."

Lt.Gen. George S. Patton, Jr. December 26, 1944.

------
    "We've got the finest tanks in the world. We just love to see the German Royal Tiger come up on the field".

Lt.Gen. George S. Patton, Jr. Febuary 1945.

------
    For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-Jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary period, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which is likely to be the more ominous for the Axis--an American decision that this is sport, or that it is business."
    --D. W. Brogan, The American Character

Greatergreen is one of the smoothest running servers out there. Pay more attention to whos shooting you its probably someone in Europe with a 450 ping. I've seen what your talking about but its just lag on one persons end and I think hit detection code works just fine online if both players are under 200.

Did anyone see that or was it just me?

Haven't seen this and I only play online. If I get hit someone is shooting at me. I have seen a situation where my target warped right as I was shooting and he got hit anyway, but that's possible. Are you sure you have a reliable and fast connection to the "net"?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►