The most important review for ubisoft developers to read...

...is not for a Ubisoft game. This line from the Rock Paper Shotgun review for Dragon Age: Inquisition is dead on:

A comparison to Shadow of Mordor is relevant – a game with which Inquisition shares mostly surface detail, and one striking approach to its treatment of questing and discovery. Both games have maps that sometimes look to be cluttered with the UBIquitous icons that overcrowd some of their contemporaries, but both ensure that the player doesn’t feel like a janitor, cleaning up collectibles.
    I'm definitely enjoying AC Unity, but it feels like so much more-of-the-same, nothing like the innovative gameplay Shadows of Mordor and DA: Inquisition have provided this year. Unlike in AC, I rarely "feel like a janitor" in those games.

The Paris Ubisoft created in unbelievably detailed and beautiful, which is typically the norm for the worlds they create. But it's time to start thinking of genuinely fun and creative things to fill these worlds with. I'm already pretty resigned to waiting for Far Cry 4 to go on sale before I get it because of similar it seems to Far Cry 3, and I'll probably start taking the same approach to other Ubisoft games if things stay this way. Something the developers should think about, as I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Disagreed. Unity is the first game where I feel like I'm having fun and the activities are a blast.

Shadow of Mordor's was fun too, but it was very repetitive. The whole game was, in fact. Being able to mix up your attack strategies as you further progress in the game is it's only saving grace.