So we need to UP! this thread ^)

Ubi, we need letterbox problem solution!

Given the 2560x1600 bug (which only puts one letterbox bar on the bottom but makes the top use all of the display with no stretching) I would say the forced letterbox isn't even a technical issue and the devs are just trying to shove a 16:9 aspect down our throats.

Annoyingly for most of you though apart from the stupid aspect ratio the game runs fine for me, so really not much to complain about by comparison.

I also have those letterboxes on bottom and on top ...

Originally Posted by MiseryEngine Go to original post
    Given the 2560x1600 bug (which only puts one letterbox bar on the bottom but makes the top use all of the display with no stretching) I would say the forced letterbox isn't even a technical issue and the devs are just trying to shove a 16:9 aspect down our throats.

Annoyingly for most of you though apart from the stupid aspect ratio the game runs fine for me, so really not much to complain about by comparison.
    I too have exactly the same issue. 2560x1600 runs with 1 letterbox bar across the bottom of the screen. I can "resolve" this by changing the settings in the game to run 16x9@2560x1440 and the letterboxing across the bottom no longer appears. This is only a work around because my monitor is now stretching the image vertically and the monitor is not running in native resolution thus creating poor image quality and distortion due to the stretching. This certainly seems like a bug to me so hopefully we can get some acknowledgment and a fix soon.

UP!
    We need letterboxing fix from Ubi!

Letterboxing on Surround 6000x1200 is a big disappointment for me as well.

Well I got around to trying the "fix" but it squishes the screen inwards from the side slightly It does however give me true full screen and no performance loss.

Evening all! OP here.

Thanks to RanGanBan for posting the link to that fixer program. As Kamidel says, it does seem to work, but at the expense of stretching the image slightly. I've found that it can be overcome by tweaking the FOV settings, but it's much better than the heavily letterboxed image that Ubisoft have forced upon us.

With regards to the ticket I opened with Ubi support - well, I might have well farted into the wind for all the good it did me. I have yet to hear anything back, and to be honest I'm not sure I'm going to. Thanks Ubi - great service.

Same problem here with 3 screen Eyefinity setup. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

nj93w

I have the black bars on my 1900 x 1200 monitor, please fix this ubi!!