well, i think we can assume, that they're showing the standard post-release no-****s-given-cuz-we-already-have-your-money attitude...

Originally Posted by brotherofmetal Go to original post
    Running nVidia surround here. Using three 16:10 monitors, and I've got letterboxing spanned across all three monitors.

There REALLY needs to be a way to remove this.
    Oh no.. I got excited and went out and bought this today and it's not going to work like it should is it. I didn't want to see this comment. I have the same setup. I was so looking forward to playing this game on nVidia surround. This SUCKS Ubi!!!!

I have raised this as a ticket with Ubisoft Tech Support and will update this post with any information they come back with.

Anything new on the frontlines, Philteale?

Bump, because I find this extremely annoying. I don't have it while running around, but in cutscenes it pops up out of no where and detracts from the scene..

Wtf

Adding my 2 cents. I played the game yesterday with NO F***ING LETTERBOX! I can't stand that "feature" in any game and even went so far as to get a refund for The evil within because I paid to see the game not big black bars. It is even worse that I can switch to my wife's lower quality 720p TV and get a screen without letterboxing. Why Change it on day 2? why not add a box we can check like motion blur? I know a lot of game devs are hopping up and down for a "cimematic" experience but I am paying to play a GAME, when I want a movie ill buy a movie.

PLEASE UBI don't pull an EA and ignore your customers.

n_skid11's Avatar Member
    Game letterboxes on anything other then 16:9, or a 3x16:9, both at 1680x1050 and 5040x1050 I have black bars rending parts of my screen pointless. Please fix this, not everyone in the world uses 16:9 monitors, they may be the most common but some people perfer using other aspect ratios monitors.

I straight up consider this issue to be a bug, why? Because in GamerProfile.xml there is an option called WidescreenLetterbox, by DEFAULT it is set to 0, IE off, so this shouldn't not be happening.

UP!

we need to fix this forced letterboxing!

A temporary fix has been posted on the wsgf forums.

http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic...27713&start=30

scroll down to the post by Amon Amarth

However be warned, that 14 out of 54 anti virus programs, detect it as possibly malicious. I assume this is, as it shares some characteristics with malicious software in that it accesses the memory of another application (the game) and modifies it and not because it is actually malicious.

n_skid11's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by RanGanBan Go to original post
    A temporary fix has been posted on the wsgf forums.

http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic...27713&start=30

scroll down to the post by Amon Amarth

However be warned, that 14 out of 54 anti virus programs, detect it as possibly malicious. I assume this is, as it shares some characteristics with malicious software in that it accesses the memory of another application (the game) and modifies it and not because it is actually malicious.
    It's not because it thinks it looks malicious it's because the virus program doesn't know what the program is, IE it's not in it's internal database of trusted programs or trusted program authors. The program itself appears to be a compiled Cheat Engine hack, you can tell from the icon, I would avoid using it in multi-player incase they have cheat protection, as it might not care what it's doing, and just that it was made in Cheat Engine.