View Poll Results: How should Assassins Creed move forward?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Further into the past

14 82.35%
  • Closer to present time?

3 17.65%
    Vortex189's Avatar Junior Member

How should assassin creed move forward?

Should Assassins Creed keep progressing in history or go back to the past?

kingtwofer's Avatar Junior Member
    I would personally like to see an AC game cover ww2 to the end of the cold war!! Including Vietnam/bay of pigs. You know stuff like that.

Good step forward would be... Oh, playable game at day 1 maybe? But I think that this is too much for Ubisoft.

JustPlainQuirky's Avatar Senior Member
    Oh you mean time period?

I don't care. Any time period works as long as the writing is good and gameplay is fun.

Charles_Phipps's Avatar Senior Member
    Thirty Years War.

We haven't done Germany or Sweden yet.

Gustavus Adolphus is like the PERFECT guy to kill when you're an Assassin.

Namikaze_17's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Mayrice Go to original post
    Any time period works as long as the writing is good and gameplay is fun.
    This.

Spoiler:  Show
    But I personally want three games about Bishop. .

Minsooky's Avatar Member
    Go back to the past. I really don't like any modern settings at all when it comes to AC games. Besides if I want to play modern AC I'll just play Watch Doge...

Nyvri's Avatar Senior Member
    I don't care about the time period. Whether its further into the future, or the past, I just want a good and interesting setting that the developers feel worth sharing. During the announcement of AC:3, I was super disappointed because I wasn't a fan of American history (cuz schoolz), but I ended up being completely hooked in both the historical figures, setting, etc. I just learned to accept it and be excited.

DavisP92's Avatar Senior Member
    Honestly, wherever they go it won't be great unless they take their time with it. But They can only go to India 18th century before they start going back in time. Personally I prefer the bow and arrow so I'd like to see them go back to that era. No more guns, bows, swords, daggers, more customization. China would be cool, Egypt as well.

They should hop back and forth between time periods in the games. One game could be in the 1700's and the other could be in the 1200's. They just need to make sure everything that they come out with is a polished project after what happened with Unity (I loved Unity, but much of it was very unpolished and I just encountered my first game-breaking bug recently).

The next time period/setting I think they should tackle? Ancient Egypt during the time of pharaohs and riches. That would provide for a drastically different experience in Assassins Creed and could possibly be the breath of fresh air the series needs. I loved Paris, but a lot of it still felt kind of "samey".