steveeire's Avatar Senior Member

Assassin's Creed Unity and starting a New game?

Is there no way other way to start a new game, other than to delete your save data?

bitebug2003's Avatar Global Moderator
    Currently it's not possible - hopefully Ubisoft will address this in a future update.

steveeire's Avatar Senior Member
    hmmm I always like to play through the story first then start a new save straight away so I can to all the side stuff, guess I won't be doing that this time.

I got pissed at this. I had to delete my entire save file just so my brother could play it. Yet just another failure for the game.

Jon253's Avatar Junior Member
    I was just looking at this in my game. My 13 year old brother just started playing today, and I went to look and see if I could create a save file and it looks like I can't. In the past there were 3 save slots so each of us could have a playthrough. So is there no way my brother and I can play at the same time?

JustPlainQuirky's Avatar Senior Member
    Wow. How they'd miss a detail like that?

I bet there's anti-consumer reasons.

Originally Posted by steveeire Go to original post
    Is there no way other way to start a new game, other than to delete your save data?
    I'm also pissed, I finished the game already because I usually go through the game quickly and then take my time with a new game, like I did with Black Flag. Also the game is quite shorter than Black Flag which is disappointing. But besides some glitches and how long it takes to load in between sequences and fast traveling (very annoying) I really like the game.

rprkjj's Avatar Senior Member
    Probably has something to do with the merging of the online aspect. Still a big gripe of mine for the game, since I always restart on a new save after beating the game.

They need to add this on all the new games, More on the next gen assassins creed games.

Does the "switch profile" button at the bottom of the start menu not let you start a new game on the other profile?