Save your money

UK guy here thought Id squeeze in 15 minutes before I go to bed, pre ordered this game like an idiot runs like dirt on my gtx 780 and 4770k @ 4.4ghz, drops to low 40s just when moving the camera round is just unplayable for me. Lets hope for a patch but to those of you who haven't bought this yet seriously, don't bother until word gets around it's actually running well on the recommended hardware. Good night.

Try turning the settings down a bit "recommended" does not mean you can run the game in ultra..It means accpetable perfomance with middle of the road settings

I already did that in afraid, I inmediately turned off msaa and used fxaa, I tried running a number of configurations from ultra to high and saw very little gains in doing so.

aruler's Avatar Member
    It appears to be a very demanding game engine, even Nvidia game testers themselves admit this, if you look at their performance analyses on the GeForce website with the pre-release buld of AC Unity you can see their target for 40 frames per second at 1080p was with the GTX 980 and GTX Titan Black. I remember Crysis was much the same back in its day, it's often like this with pc gaming, i'm glad they push the boundaries. Als like Nvidia game testers say they hope for GPU driver improvements and dev patches to help with that. Me, i think new more powerfull GPU's are in order, maybe not what everyone wants to hear but it's very often the case going by my own experience over the pc gaming years.

I won't be saving my money i'm about to head into my local city to pick up a copy, lol.

Originally Posted by aruler Go to original post
    It appears to be a very demanding game engine, even Nvidia game testers themselves admit this, if you look at their performance analyses on the GeForce website with the pre-release buld of AC Unity you can see their target for 40 frames per second at 1080p was with the GTX 980 and GTX Titan Black. I remember Crysis was much the same back in its day, it's often like this with pc gaming, i'm glad they push the boundaries. Als like Nvidia game testers say they hope for GPU driver improvements and dev patches to help with that. Me, i think new more powerfull GPU's are in order, maybe not what everyone wants to hear but it's very often the case going by my own experience over the pc gaming years.

I won't be saving my money i'm about to head into my local city to pick up a copy, lol.
    What you are essentially saying is people should be paying 10 times the amount of a console to play a console port at 60 frames, money is no issue for me but for those who it is I feel sorry for them in all honesty and you and I are supporting these practices by buying the game.

Originally Posted by aruler Go to original post

It's an amazing game... until it stops working. General consensus on the PC version is the lower southeast corner of the map is inaccessible. I really hope it works for you and you have an awesome time. This has been a very disappointing week for a lot of us.