Shelving this game until it's patched to a better state (PC)

The game looks amazing, the recreation of Paris is nothing short of incredible, truly impressive, but the control scheme is horrific. The rapid decent addition is nice (long over-due), but the fact I have to hold 3 buttons to do it is assinine. Traversing the world in general is a constant test of your patience. All AC games have been plagued with this; trying to run through a doorway, only to run up a wall, trying to jump straight back but jumps off into the abyss instead, etc, etc, etc. Those are annoying, but I've gotten used to them, this game tries to be fluid, but then shoots itself in the foot with the clustered controls. The "cover" mechanic espesially works maybe 35% of the time (making missions that require it a ragefest). To add to this, the game crashes regularly, the HUD only displays partially and as a left handed player, it will not allow me to bind some of the buttons I need (even though I can in previous AC games). So many mechanics are not explained before they are thrown at you. The game looks great, but it ruins the enjoyment with its clumsiness and clunk. Half of this would at least be partially alleviated if I could bind the buttons I want instead of having to constantly contort my hands into the best work-around I can come up with.

The world beckons me to explore it, but simple mechanics have me wanting to kick the responsible developers in the nards repeatedly. Maybe I'll come back to this in 3 months and see if things are any better.

dbgager's Avatar Senior Member
    Its worth waiting for.....Might be released in a poor state..But still going to be a great great game.

The fact that this game is failing so hard makes me thankful for Rogue's existence. It will give me some AC to play while they fix this one.

Ha! You guys just start gaming?? You better not attempt ARMA 3 or Dystopia....you may start crying.

doughy12's Avatar Banned
    I replied just to say this
    Anyone that bought this game on Steam, has no business complaining about performance problems, and here is why.

You cannot take a game that requires only 1 service, and then cause it to require an additional and completely unnecessary service to run, then complain the game is having problems.

If a game only needs one service to run, only an idiot would ever purposely force a secondary service to now also be required to run. When you run 2 services for ANY UBISOFT game then you're going to cause ANY UBISOFT GAME to run poorly because you're adding in the use of a completely unnecessary and useless service.

All Steam does is launch UPLAY and nothing else so it's pointless and a completely unnecessary step. Are you people seriously that lazy where you require a service to launch UPLAY for you because you somehow cannot double click the uplay launcher shortcut yourself because that's exactly what you're doing

Steam users clearly prefer to cause a UPLAY game to have more problems than it needs to by requiring 2 services to run instead of 1 and for no reason which is always why Steam users always argue and try and justify doing this to themselves.

You cannot justify buying ANY UBISOFT game on STEAM..You just cannot!

Obviously Doughy Ubisoft requires there DRM and Steam requires there interface which infact does run..It does not just launch UPlay. The services have almost no impact on the game. All they do is occupy a minimal amount of memory with functions that do nothing and take zero clock cycles unless called. You want to play multiplayer..Good luck without those services running to hook you up to other players. Believe my Steam and UPlay running at the same time is not going to effect your perfomance at all.

Am not running it on STEAM. Wish I was so that I wouldn't have to deal with the Uplay throttling of the download every 90 minutes!

Originally Posted by doughy12 Go to original post
    I replied just to say this
    Anyone that bought this game on Steam, has no business complaining about performance problems, and here is why.

You cannot take a game that requires only 1 service, and then cause it to require an additional and completely unnecessary service to run, then complain the game is having problems.

If a game only needs one service to run, only an idiot would ever purposely force a secondary service to now also be required to run. When you run 2 services for ANY UBISOFT game then you're going to cause ANY UBISOFT GAME to run poorly because you're adding in the use of a completely unnecessary and useless service.

All Steam does is launch UPLAY and nothing else so it's pointless and a completely unnecessary step. Are you people seriously that lazy where you require a service to launch UPLAY for you because you somehow cannot double click the uplay launcher shortcut yourself because that's exactly what you're doing

Steam users clearly prefer to cause a UPLAY game to have more problems than it needs to by requiring 2 services to run instead of 1 and for no reason which is always why Steam users always argue and try and justify doing this to themselves.

You cannot justify buying ANY UBISOFT game on STEAM..You just cannot!
    This just screams to me that you have no idea what you're talking about. Blaming the game's problems on the launch application, you're either deluded or just a massive ubi fanboy

doughy12's Avatar Banned
    Forcing something to use an additional service it doesn't need WILL CAUSE IT TO HAVE PROBLEMS because you're forcing the game to run something it doesn't need thus drawing more power away from the game.

that's a 100% fact and to argue that means you're an idiot and dont know how things work.

If a game only needs UPLAY then YOU do not go buy it on Steam no sane minded individual is going to cause a game to require an additional service to run when it doesn't need to, only an idiot makes something require more than it needs, and for no reason.

Steam is a huge resource hog and anyone that says it's not has no idea what Steam uses to run in your computer.
    Think the Steam.exe is the only thing Steam uses when it's running, then you're ignorant

Still want to argue then open up the task manager, go to the process TAB and name every single process Steam uses in that tab because It's more than just the Steam.exe. Also shutting down Steam won't reveal everything Steam uses to run. Steam uses other already running processes to run which is why it doesn't show up on CPU usage.

Steam also transfers over massive GB's of data to it's server from scanning your computer.

Want to argue with that then go read the Steam subscriber agreement (You know, the thing no one bothers to read) because it's all explained in there.

Just stop doughy really...seriously your not making your self look like you know what your talking about. Just drop it. I am using Steam right now..Its using 140Meg of memory and 0.000 of my CPU. Which means it is doing absolutley nothing whatsoever. Ingame with no Steam Browser open it uses 86 Meg and again 0.00 CPU. And really GBs of data. DO you seriously have GBs of data on your computer that you think Steam is interested in.....GIGABYTES... All you have to do to find the processes that are running is start Steam with the task manager open. It will show exactly which processes it uses because they will all pop up in the window.