Dicehunter's Avatar Banned

How Long Was The Game In Development ?

So after seeing ACU on a friends PC I'm quite shocked at how bad the performance is and he has 4 x 980's and a 5960X so performance issues shouldn't be a problem.

How long was this game in development ? Because it looks like a very rushed game.

This is not a meant as a comment against the Ubi guys as I love the AC series but performance quality seemed to go downhill very fast from AC3 onwards.

Layer_13's Avatar Senior Member
    4 years, since Brotherhood.

Originally Posted by Fatal-Feit Go to original post
    4 years, since Brotherhood.
    Another year wouldn't of hurt ^_^

naumaan's Avatar Senior Member
    i think its different for different guys .. saw it running on very powerful rigs ... i m shocked to hear 2 980s cant .. are you sure .. your processor and ram requirements are upto date ?

Rekalty's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Dicehunter-OCUK Go to original post
    I know, right?... Sure looks like it could have needed a bit more time. They couldn't even get Uplay and Initiates to work in time, too bad Ubisoft can't afford better QA and tech...

Originally Posted by naumaan Go to original post
    i think its different for different guys .. saw it running on very powerful rigs ... i m shocked to hear 2 980s cant .. are you sure .. your processor and ram requirements are upto date ?
    4 x 980's, 5960x running at 4.65GHZ, 32GB of DDR4 running at 3000MHZ, That was on my work mates rig so me having a 4790K at 4.80GHZ and 1 x 980 is looking bleak when this game hits the UK.

EVERY other game he's tried on that rig works flawlessly apart from when it comes to Ubisoft titles

Layer_13's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by naumaan Go to original post
    This, most likely. Unity runs a lot better, and smoother, than Black Flag, for me.

To be honest, I agree. Rogue, despite being on last-gen and all, is pretty darn good. Ubisoft could have given that title more budget and called it a day.

just my thoughts

4 x 980's, 5960x running at 4.65GHZ, 32GB of DDR4 running at 3000MHZ, That was on my work mates rig so me having a 4790K at 4.80GHZ and 1 x 980 is looking bleak when this game hits the UK.

EVERY other game he's tried on that rig works flawlessly apart from when it comes to Ubisoft titles
    Your friends rig sounds impressive but cant say performance issues don't surprise me one bit im not sure why anyone would run beyond sli ( tri quad) esp when this is next gen game they only test it at recommended specs on release.... well its taken me 45 mins just to play the next part of episode.

Originally Posted by chosin1 Go to original post
    Your friends rig sounds impressive but cant say performance issues don't surprise me one bit im not sure why anyone would run beyond sli ( tri quad) esp when this is next gen game they only test it at recommended specs on release.... well its taken me 45 mins just to play the next part of episode.
    I'm putting the performance issues down to SLI, It can introduce more problems than it solves.

wichking's Avatar Member
    This game sure needs atleast one year for optimization. Instead of playing the game on twitch stream they should work on fixing the errors. and ofc instead of making a companion app put these ppl for optimization stuff. It seems the optimization team is out of 4 ppl