JarredMcAdams's Avatar Ubisoft SF Game Designer
    Originally Posted by PRS_Rocker Go to original post
    I'm left a little confused. I thought that you indicated that if I purchased a song on the PS3, I would get the PS4 version of the song without making a second purchase. I just need to know if that's true. The damage is kind of done. On that word, I went out last night and purchased the PS4 box version of the game. I found that nothing that I had already purchased was available. The PS4 version is a veritable wasteland of only the last few weeks of DLC. I wanted to Pete Townsend the box! With about 5 songs that I cared about, I was back to day one of RS 2014 only at least then I had a tool that I could purchase that would import my RS1 library.

I will warn the rest of you that unless you're interested in the DLC from Billy Clyro to now and only the original releases of RS 2014, wait until Jan 31, 2015 to purchase. If you play too much of your other DLC, hold out, this is not worth any of your money; especially if part of your plan was to trade in your PS3.
    Hey PRS,

All of your questions are answered by Dan's extremely comprehensive XB1/PS4 FAQ, which he has been updating daily as new questions come up: bit.ly/rsps4xb1faq

I'd suggest that you check that out if you have additional questions. Here are the answers to your current questions, copy-pasted from there for your convenience.

Can I import my existing DLC from Xbox 360/PS3?
    Yes. You will be able to import any DLC you have purchased within the same console family for no additional charge. That is, any DLC you have purchased on Xbox 360 will be downloadable on Xbox One, and any PlayStation 3 DLC will be downloadable on PlayStation 4. If you own a lot of DLC, this may be time consuming, but you only have to do it once.

Will all the existing DLC be available for download on the new systems on day one?
    Unfortunately no. We expect the legacy DLC will become available over the first month or so after release, in batches. The timing really depends how quickly on the individual platform holders can add it to their digital storefronts. We've given them a lot of content to publish, so we understand that it will take some time. We have recommended that the most recent DLC be posted first, then move chronologically backwards. So if you are waiting for RS1 content, that will likely appear last.

Here's the current status of DLC on each platform:

XBOX ONE: In the in-game Shop menu, most of the Songs are online (we've spotted a few that are missing), but the Packs have not been posted yet. If you bought DLC on Xbox 360 in a pack, you will not be able to download it as singles -- Xbox Live sees those two purchases as separate licenses. So just hang tight until the Packs appear in the Shop menu, and you should have no problem. If you used the Import Tool, the game may simply prompt you to download those tracks when you sign in.

PS4: Sony is posting DLC in reverse chronological order, in batches, so you should see content in both the Songs and Packs sections of the in-game Shope. So far, the last two months or so of DLC are available. We expect the rest of the DLC to appear in similar batches over the next several weeks. The import tool is not yet available.

N.B.: His FAQ will be kept up-to-date, but this post won't, so be sure to check there for the latest info.

SquirrellyNinja's Avatar RS Product Manager
    I'm left a little confused. I thought that you indicated that if I purchased a song on the PS3, I would get the PS4 version of the song without making a second purchase. I just need to know if that's true. The damage is kind of done. On that word, I went out last night and purchased the PS4 box version of the game. I found that nothing that I had already purchased was available. The PS4 version is a veritable wasteland of only the last few weeks of DLC. I wanted to Pete Townsend the box! With about 5 songs that I cared about, I was back to day one of RS 2014 only at least then I had a tool that I could purchase that would import my RS1 library.

I will warn the rest of you that unless you're interested in the DLC from Billy Clyro to now and only the original releases of RS 2014, wait until Jan 31, 2015 to purchase. If you play too much of your other DLC, hold out, this is not worth any of your money; especially if part of your plan was to trade in your PS3.
    Jarred's reply is correct as is his advice to see Dan's FAQ. The PS4 and XB1 stores will take some time in uploading the vast back catalog of content available and setting everything up properly. We've made no secret that it could take a while to get all the content back up.

Rest assured though that the fact will still remain that you will be able to import your DLC for free to the next-gen system. It may take a little time but there is no backtracking on this fact. We will not reverse this policy and force people to re-buy. At this point it's just a matter of waiting for Microsoft and Sony to make all the store upgrades.

And yes, waiting until Jan 31, 2015 to buy RS2014 on a XB1/PS4 is probably not the most consumer friendly advice as it would result in missing the period in which next-gen owners of RS2014 will be able to get the 12 Hendrix songs for free.

Gold_Jim's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by SquirrellyNinja Go to original post
    And yes, waiting until Jan 31, 2015 to buy RS2014 on a XB1/PS4 is probably not the most consumer friendly advice as it would result in missing the period in which next-gen owners of RS2014 will be able to get the 12 Hendrix songs for free.
    I understood that as the last day available for the free download according to the FAQ. That would up folks right up to the wire. Have a great weekend, and I'm looking forward to the new and exciting DLC we'll see through the end of the year.

SquirrellyNinja's Avatar RS Product Manager
    I understood that as the last day available for the free download according to the FAQ. That would up folks right up to the wire. Have a great weekend, and I'm looking forward to the new and exciting DLC we'll see through the end of the year.
    Yeah, but in general if someone really wanted that promotion I wouldn't recommend they wait until the last possible day lest something unpredictable were to happen or some kind of issue arises. (Not necessarily specific to Rocksmith but things like forgetting to download them, internet going out, store's out of Rocksmith 2014, shipment didn't arrive in time, etc.)