I don't see how people can use Ice Spear now.

Please, nerf Bound Succubus: 1 direct damage is enough

RIP Ice Spear. Imho, a better way to nerf it (as someone on Cucu's stream suggested) is to have it return to your hand at the beginning of your next turn (rather than end of the current turn). This then gives opponent a chance to get rid of it (i.e. to the graveyard) by killing the enchanted creature.

Originally Posted by Kimmundi Go to original post
    Regarding the nerfs, they have been done and discussed with our VIPs first, but we had to do them on a short notice, so we'll adapt them if needed.

Regarding Bound Succubus: we thought that the nerf of Lava Spawn and SSH would be enough to reduce the power level of Inferno, and we felt the Bound Succubus wouldn't be needed. Time will tell.
    Not sure about succubus but it´s true that the LS nerf (if it works well...) is a nerf to direct damage decks. I think it will be fine...
    Now you could nerf ice meteor so haven is finally good :P

Nice to hear that you guys will keep an eye on these cards. Gj.

zenithale's Avatar Senior Member
    Nerfing Rush is perfectly fine with me, but only if Stall was also nerfed and that's not the case... Stupid Fire spells will continue to rule the game, enjoy everyone!

Lava Spawn
    A nerf was needed but as others said it's now probably only playable in Kiril.
    Spell Stealer Heretic
    Good change, still a good card (maybe even still too good?)
    Ice Spear
    Good change, 1 res was too low. Maybe in compensation lower the req to 1?
    Mother Namtaru, Invoker of Death
    Good change.
    Blackskull Warchanter & Newborn Vampire
    Good changes.

So overall, good changes. Now we only need to nerf those OP spells - Arkath's Wrath and Ice Meteor so we could see more mid range decks.

malkorion's Avatar Senior Member
    Personally, the problem with Ice Spear wasn't the cost, it was that you couldn't react to it, so you could virtually never get rid of it - unless you're playing Inferno in the first place.

ok lets try to get this "late game" lava spawn idea into perspective shall we? 1st question: do u see mid-late game decks such as dhamiria or kal-azaar running 4x lava spawns with this new change? no, why? because early game its a dead card for them and by mid-late game when they should taking control of the board card advantage is generally more important and playing lava spawns would mean a decrease in might (meaning they wont be able to draw next turn because they would have to increase their might to play hellfire maniacs or heretics or w/e) so in general in decks DESIGNED for mid-late game its a bad card and will not see play, with the only exception to this being kiril because of his starting stats and ability. So, if it cant be played by mid-late game decks besides kiril, and cant be played by rush decks, besides kiril; HOW is this a boost for a card? its ONLY going to see play in kiril decks, and its contributing to a stale meta with an abundance of kiril (a la kelthor all over again). As i suggested before an easy solution would have been to make it 2hp thereby counterable by any and all deck archetypes (2drops,firebolt,forked firebolt,storm rage,sunblaze,etc) while still being playable by some inferno heroes (as opposed to only kiril post-nerf)

npavcec's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by malkorion Go to original post
    Personally, the problem with Ice Spear wasn't the cost, it was that you couldn't react to it, so you could virtually never get rid of it - unless you're playing Inferno in the first place.
    Exactly. The most simple solution was to make it return to hand at the start of the your next turn (so opponent could "kill" or banish it in case he has the means), not at the end of the turn. It would solve things and make Ice Spear still a viable card. Now, I just don't see it.

Licker34's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by npavcec Go to original post
    Exactly. The most simple solution was to make it return to hand at the start of the your next turn (so opponent could "kill" or banish it in case he has the means), not at the end of the turn. It would solve things and make Ice Spear still a viable card. Now, I just don't see it.
    I don't like that solution, it makes ice spear not nearly as interesting as it is now.

Like others have said, outside of Mother what water deck was really abusing ice spear?

Jezy? InferNO has at least 3 better options than her.

Sanc? Um, no.

Morgan? No.

Matewa? No.

Academy? No.

Other Necro? No.

It was a fun card that now is going to be another troll card.

Oh well, maybe they'll 'un-nerf' it later

Make it so the cost increases by 1 for each ice spear in play and you have kept the value of using just one at a time, and made it harder to chain spam them out. Though if there were any good water creatures for academy to use they could 'abuse' it I guess at zero cost still