Gold_Jim's Avatar Senior Member

Did you adopt the PS4 or XBone copy? Worth it now or wait?

I had the PS4 version in my hand last night, but with Little Big Planet 3, Master Chief Collection, and Lego Batman 3 + Season pass already out of pocket as well as Assassin's Creed a good possibility, I put it down and thought that I might wait.

If you purchased the new version, did you get the sense that it was worth the upgrade or do you think that one should wait for a price drop? I'm not considering getting rid of my PS3 any time soon. Where else would I play South Park, the Stick of Truth? So with that in mind, I'm inclined to stay on PS3 unless there's something compelling and worth the immediate expense. Thanks.

I got the XBone digital download version. It's the same game so if you are happy with what you have you may not want to upgrade although the Hendrix deal makes buying it even better. The 1080p relolution does look better but it is not a massive change in appearance. The reason I got the XBONE version is because I want to get a couple other games for it and I don't want to hang onto my 360. I actually used the money I made from selling the 360 to buy rocksmith for the Xbone and to get more DLC. Now just waiting for the packs to show up in the DLC store.

Kynlore's Avatar Senior Member
    I ordered an Xbox One earlier this week, to play a few new games and to play Rocksmith. At times I was rethinking it, because I could technically still play some of those on the 360. The recent announcement of free DLC certainly solidified my purchase. I think it is well worth the purchase now for me.

solidwhitemike's Avatar Member
    I will be downloading it for PS4 but I might wait until all the DLC are up and running. I was on the fence for a bit when I found out the save games wont transfer but the Hendrix deal clinched it for me. I am curious to know if the game menus, particularly the track list scrolling, run quicker on the new gen. My PS3 really struggles scrolling through the songs and loading the song I end on.

solidwhitemike's Avatar Member
    It looks like the PS4 has a bunch of DLC up currently. 97 Matches but that double counts the pack so probably around 80ish songs up at the moment.

Dagreenskins's Avatar Banned
    Hey PRS_Rocker I will be upgrading mainly because of the way they worked out the DLC. I will be able to have the Xbox 1 in my living room and my 360 in my game room. I will be able to continue to buy DLC for my 360 and it will also transfer to the Xbox 1. I was going to switch to a Mac but this will cost less and the Xbox 1 will be around for a few years.

Gold_Jim's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Dagreenskins Go to original post
    Hey PRS_Rocker I will be upgrading mainly because of the way they worked out the DLC. I will be able to have the Xbox 1 in my living room and my 360 in my game room. I will be able to continue to buy DLC for my 360 and it will also transfer to the Xbox 1. I was going to switch to a Mac but this will cost less and the Xbox 1 will be around for a few years.
    I guess the upside is that if I purchase PSN downloads, then those "should" be OK to use between the PS3 and PS4. With the Hendrix stuff (guess they wanted some income since BandFuse blew it) being free, we get the game for a LOT cheaper. I guess I'll be spending my hard earned money and keeping up. I can't wait to get all this Hendrix music and now we know what we were 'going' to get from BF.

SquirrellyNinja's Avatar RS Product Manager
    Originally Posted by PRS_Rocker Go to original post
    I guess the upside is that if I purchase PSN downloads, then those "should" be OK to use between the PS3 and PS4. With the Hendrix stuff (guess they wanted some income since BandFuse blew it) being free, we get the game for a LOT cheaper. I guess I'll be spending my hard earned money and keeping up. I can't wait to get all this Hendrix music and now we know what we were 'going' to get from BF.
    So on the online PSN store there will basically be two listings for the DLC. One is PS3 DLC one is PS4 DLC and you'll just have to make sure you're buying the correct one for your intentions. It can seem confusing to see so many entries.

BazzTard61's Avatar Banned
    I shudder to think what Sony EU will do with DOUBLE the entries, good luck with THAT !

At 69,99€ for update, I think I can survive without the updated graphics