DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team

Xbox One DLC: Singles now, packs later

Tomorrow Rocksmith 2014 goes on sale in the US, and elsewhere around the world later in the week. As noted in the PS4/XB1 launch FAQ, the legacy DLC is not all going to be available on day one.

Tonight, Microsoft has already started to put Xbox One DLC on the store for download, but they are putting up singles first, then packs. I expect the packs will be live on Xbox by the end of the week. The digital stores see singles and packs as different pieces of content, and ownership/licenses are not interchangeable. (If you've been playing on X360, you have probably noticed this already.)

This is crucial for anyone who has bought DLC as packs on 360 and is looking forward to downloading them on Xbox One: If you bought the packs on 360, do not attempt to download the same content as singles on Xbox One. If you do Xbox Live will ask you to buy the content a second time. You don't want that. We don't want that. Just be patient and wait for the packs you purchased previously to appear, and then you will be able download them for no additional cost, as promised.

As you know, this is a huge amount of DLC and it's going to take some time to get it all online -- and this is just a byproduct of that.

This (and much more) is also noted in the PS4/XB1 launch FAQ, which will continue to be updated as things evolve.

Xbox One DLC: Singles now, packs later

Tomorrow Rocksmith 2014 goes on sale in the US, and elsewhere around the world later in the week. As noted in the PS4/XB1 launch FAQ, the legacy DLC is not all going to be available on day one.

Tonight, Microsoft has already started to put Xbox One DLC on the store for download, but they are putting up singles first, then packs. I expect the packs will be live on Xbox by the end of the week. The digital stores see singles and packs as different pieces of content, and ownership/licenses are not interchangeable. (If you've been playing on X360, you have probably noticed this already.)

This is crucial for anyone who has bought DLC as packs on 360 and is looking forward to downloading them on Xbox One: If you bought the packs on 360, do not attempt to download the same content as singles on Xbox One. If you do Xbox Live will ask you to buy the content a second time. You don't want that. We don't want that. Just be patient and wait for the packs you purchased previously to appear, and then you will be able download them for no additional cost, as promised.

As you know, this is a huge amount of DLC and it's going to take some time to get it all online -- and this is just a byproduct of that.

This (and much more) is also noted in the PS4/XB1 launch FAQ, which will continue to be updated as things evolve.

Goooner1's Avatar Senior Member
    Are all the packs going to be up, or just the artist packs? What I mean buy that, is when RS was first released in the UK, there was a similar wait to catch up with DLC and a lot of bumper packs were releases containing maybe 10 songs or something from various artists, will they be released as well?

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Lookin' out for his customers.

Hope people see this before things get crazy.

MoldyRhyme94061's Avatar Member
    Thanks Dan. Can't wait to pick up my Xbox one version later today!

So. I'll ask. What does this mean for the Holiday Pack? Or is it something that you just won't have on the XB1/PS4?

Originally Posted by Goooner1 Go to original post
    Are all the packs going to be up, or just the artist packs? What I mean buy that, is when RS was first released in the UK, there was a similar wait to catch up with DLC and a lot of bumper packs were releases containing maybe 10 songs or something from various artists, will they be released as well?
    AFAIK, those were special retailer promotion packs, so I do not expect these will be redownloadable in their original forms. However, you might be able to get them as singles. When the DLC goes online on your system, give it a try and see -- I am told it might work. .

Originally Posted by Goooner1 Go to original post
    AFAIK, those were special retailer promotion packs, so I do not expect these will be redownloadable in their original forms. However, you might be able to get them as singles. When the DLC goes online on your system, give it a try and see -- I am told it might work. .

Originally Posted by bentoast Go to original post
    So. I'll ask. What does this mean for the Holiday Pack? Or is it something that you just won't have on the XB1/PS4?
    Holiday songs...are gone.

Originally Posted by bentoast Go to original post
    Holiday songs...are gone.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the info. It looks like the import pack is up but MS wants me to pay $5 I paid $10, IIRC, to get RS1 into RS 2014 (edit: on xbox 360). Will this be fixed?

Rocksmith Disc Import Pack

Congratulations! You are entitled to download the Rocksmith Disc Import Pack, which allows you to play updated versions of on-disc songs from the original Rocksmith game on Rocksmith® 2014. Included arrangements of songs may vary between Rocksmith and Rocksmith® 2014. Does not include: Eric Clapton - Run Back to Your... Read more

Size:

243.78 MB

$4.99

Buy Now for Xbox One

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Try buying through the in-game store?

There are several single tracks that I purchased on XBox 360 that are now wanting me to purchase them again on XBox One. They weren't purchased as packs, and still show as purchased on my 360. Is this something Ubisoft is aware of, or am I the only one with this issue?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last ►►