HA!

Originally Posted by jsdratm Go to original post

Just kidding Dan, we <3 you lol
    Tooooo funnnyyyy

Someone in the subreddit brought up something interesting: Reverse Polish Notation. It's a type of mathematical notation, but I feel as if the clue being Polish and reversed isn't a coincidence.

Originally Posted by marlowned Go to original post
    Someone in the subreddit brought up something interesting: Reverse Polish Notation. It's a type of mathematical notation, but I feel as if the clue being Polish and reversed isn't a coincidence.
    Wow, great find! What kind of numbers can we extract from the clue, though?

Originally Posted by forest1903 Go to original post
    Going back to the clue, I've been wondering why "Placement" is the only English word in the message, and then I thought it may have to do with the band being hinted at: that they use foreign and English words, like many Japanese bands already on Rocksmith.

Only a thought.
    Hopefully it's the Replacements...

Danny-Ramone's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by tufnel Go to original post
    Hopefully it's the Replacements...

I'd rather have Alex Chilton/Big Star.

it would be great if, unlike 70% of the DLC, it's somebody famous I've at least Heard of, from the 70s-90s who is a top band

All Mixed up

Maybe the words are random titles or lyrics from the artist/artists songs

Originally Posted by JosephMcMirra Go to original post
    Maybe the words are random titles or lyrics from the artist/artists songs
    Here's the best translation we have so far:

skipped through the clouds near the connection changes and placement errors here and the whole sky for the same

What can you guys extract from this?

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by marlowned Go to original post
    Yeah, I agree that the reverse polish reference is a bit too much of a coincidence to not be relevant, although I haven't figured out exactly what to do with it. In RPN, the operator (+, -, x) follows the numerical entries. Maybe in the translation the verbs follow the nouns or something?

Another problem is that we don't really seem to have 100% agreement that we know exactly which Polish words we're dealing with. I tried playing the reversed MP3 file back into the speech recognition in Google Translate, but it couldn't even recognize most of what was being played back.

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by forest1903 Go to original post
    Here's the best translation we have so far:

skipped through the clouds near the connection changes and placement errors here and the whole sky for the same

What can you guys extract from this?
    Google will look for those words in any order, so it seems like just dumping them all in should turn up something even if they're mixed up. 'Typos' or 'bugs' could substitute for 'errors', as well.

I hope Dan's willingness to let us all dangle this long means that this release is a biggie!