futile67's Avatar Senior Member
    Great, 3 new songs for my Standard D/dropped C-tuned guitar.
    And I prefer this cover of Holy Diver to the original (sorry, but I never liked Dio). If this one is fun enough, I might even get the original song.

BazzTard61's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    I have a plan.
    (insert evil Bond-villain laughter here)

don't even THINK about calling Sony EU

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Amara_Tamlin Go to original post
    ...and then 12/2 will be Dio.

...and 12/9 will be Heaven and Hell, and Dio-era Black Sabbath.

...and 12/16 will be Rainbow.
    Woo! F-n awesome! \m/ So, this is the huge December DLC announcement they teased us about??

I get that some people like the KSE cover of Holy Diver better, or that people like both versions. If Dio dlc was imposible I'd probably be happy that we at least some version of the song to learn. For me, if I want to learn a song then I probably don't want to also learn a cover of the same song, and I feel like including Holy Diver takes away another Killswitch Engage original that we could have gotten instead. This feels like a KSE 2-pack to me. C'est la vie.

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Killswitch trailer.... Engage!

Originally Posted by The_Working_Man Go to original post
    Woo! F-n awesome! \m/ So, this is the huge December DLC announcement they teased us about??

I get that some people like the KSE cover of Holy Diver better, or that people like both versions. If Dio dlc was imposible I'd probably be happy that we at least some version of the song to learn. For me, if I want to learn a song then I probably don't want to also learn a cover of the same song, and I feel like including Holy Diver takes away another Killswitch Engage original that we could have gotten instead. This feels like a KSE 2-pack to me. C'est la vie.
    Yeah I'm slightly underwhelmed with the song selections (no Jesse Leach songs at all?) but I'm still happy to see KSE in the game. Hopefully we can see another pack for them in the future.

I'm thinking just End of Heartache on this one. Anyone else feel the same? Not sure if I would play the other 2 much.

Originally Posted by SquirrellyNinja Go to original post
    We aren't confirming anything beyond the fact that we have requested and will continue to request and push for songs that are widely requested and that we think will do well in Rocksmith. Please remember that Paul's tweets are not the be all and all of Rocksmith DLC content. In many instances he tweets his subjective musical opinion (as is all musical opinion inherently) and too often it's taken as fact and then judged objectively. That's the wrong mindset to adopt.

That being said, yeah we have some pretty cool and varied stuff coming the rest of the year. I think we'll be able to please a large and varied segment of musical tastes that runs within the Rocksmith community.
    After the Hendrix announcement and the Tom Petty leak yesterday, and Paul tweeting that the next few weeks will all be highly requested artists...no further questions, your honor! I'm picturing you typing this on Monday night and grumbling "Just...wait...one...more...day" under your breath. Good show, I am looking forward to the next reveals.

I don´t believe it, and it´s my birthday´s week. Couldn´t have a better present, thanks! I am really curious about this huge announcement they have prepared for december. If they put Sweet Child O' Mine, Beat It(Michael Jackson) and Livin' On A Prayer, I am done for the year for sure.