flynlion's Avatar Senior Member

Dire Straits?

I've seen Dire Straits mentioned as an upcoming DLC, has this been confirmed? With all the excitement about Jimi and 500 page puzzle threads I'm just wondering if I missed something

MoldyRhyme94061's Avatar Member
    It was hinted that Dire Straits and Fleetwood Mac would be coming to Rocksmith. I will try to find the exact twitter message

Can we expect some Dire Straits and Fleetwood Mac on @Rocksmithgame? #rocksmith2014

Paul Cross
    ‏@crossieRS
    @Rocksmithgame yes. But not until much later in the year. Working hard on an amazing winter line up!

Thanks Moldy
    Not exactly "official conformation", but definitely something to look forward to.
    Jimi, Petty, Fleetwood Mac and/or Dire Straits, all (hopefully) before the end of the year!

MoldyRhyme94061's Avatar Member
    Yeah i get excited over any little hint but I am definitely hopeful this one will happen. Both are great bands that have songs I'd love to play in rocksmith.

Quite a while back I requested Dire Straits with the Facebook app. In the space where it asked for "which songs?" I put "Anything"

AlloysiusGrunt's Avatar Senior Member
    This could make for a pretty incredible Nov./Dec. for sure! But I try not to treat anything as a promise, because things change. And getting one's hopes too high tends to result in getting them dashed.

AlloysiusGrunt's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by flynlion Go to original post
    Quite a while back I requested Dire Straits with the Facebook app. In the space where it asked for "which songs?" I put "Anything"
    Unfortunately, I think you have to give specific songs, or the results don't get tabulated.

Kynlore's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by AlloysiusGrunt Go to original post
    Unfortunately, I think you have to give specific songs, or the results don't get tabulated.
    Yeah, I think Dan said before that you need to specific.

Paul Cross did just tweet yesterday:
    "there's only so much we can make at a time! Our next few weeks are all very high on the request lists "

My prediction is
    Nov 11 - Tom Petty
    Nov 18 - RHCP
    Nov 25 - Dire Straits

Just a guess, but I think there's a good chance we see the Dire Straits stuff soon.

Originally Posted by Kynlore Go to original post
    Yeah, I think Dan said before that you need to specific.
    From the Song Selection FAQ:

Some tips on using the app, which make it easier for your request to be counted:
    - Be specific in your requests. Please don’t write “all” in the song field, as that doesn’t really help us get what you really want. Pick out your actual favorite songs by your favorite artists.
    - Check the spelling of the band and the song. Your request might be lost if you don’t spell it correctly. You can always check the artist’s official website to be sure, or the track listing on the album itself.
    - If an artist is joined by a guest, like “Band (featuring Artist),” just write the name of the main band.
    - Request just one song per field. You can request multiple songs, but put each one in separately.
    - Similarly, don’t write anything beyond the name of the artist or the name of the song – if you add little editorial comments, a YouTube URL, album name, the name of a movie where you heard that song, or extra spaces, that messes up our search. It’s read by humans, but sorted by computers! So we’ll find it from just the name.