2019 Halloween Heat Event Guide

This guide has fallen so far behind what's been discovered and I don't have the time to update it so just go to https://trialstrackmap.sb-f.de/halloween.html. It's now easier to see all tracks and medal times on there than it ever was on this page.

Tips:
    • Get a medal better than bronze to stand a chance at pumpkins appearing on the loot wheel. You may want to restart a track once you know where the pumpkin is in order to get a better medal. Counterintuitively, earning a platinum medal will result in no pumpkins appearing on the loot wheel, so avoid it!
    • It does not appear to be feasible to fully complete this event without spending gems. Definitely buy respins to guarantee you get the pumpkins when they appear on the loot wheel. As for skipping the timer, wait until the event is nearing completion to gauge if it's necessary.
    • Do not buy hints. A hint only rules out one track, so it costs a mighty 60 gems to be of much value.
    • I don't know if this is true, but let's at least test the theory: "Remember what medals you got for previous runs, because you can't have the same amount of pumpkins on the loot wheel twice in the next 12 hours. If your first run ended with gold medal and 12 pumpkins on the wheel, in the next ones don't try to earn gold because you won't see pumpkins on the wheel, just go for silver and 6/2 pumkpins on the wheel."
    • Check the track with the most tries recorded for the pumpkin first. Seems this is a consistent exploit of the bug regarding try counters not resetting.
    • Don't go on autopilot on the loot wheel screen. Missing out on an additional 12 pumpkins hurts.

How do you get the pumpkin under the beam on Rowdy Roofing? It does not seem to let me get back there. Is it just luck?

xitooner's Avatar Senior Member
    How to get that Rowdy Roofing one.... gotta fail after hitting the checkpoint just past it. Then reverse, and make a VERY lucky/high back flip. Needs to be high because that pumpkin is on a slightly higher ledge. It’s NOT easy at all. Using berserker probably helps, but given the time requirements overall, you probably only get one chance to try and still get silver, since the rest of the track can take quite a bit of time (with a good chance of additional time-consuming faults).

Nice post to help out some folks around the glob, but most of tracks have 3 places of pumpkins
    You can't put them all here i mean you can but the event will end before you finish gathering and explaining
    This event is buy or cheat or leave.

xitooner's Avatar Senior Member
    By the way, thanks for doing this, ihateuplaykk! I’ve run into many of these myself but it did help me before, and I do appreciate the effort!

Acrobat Quarter
    Between 1st and 2nd checkpoint

I can add some tips:
    1. Never go for a platinum medal, you won't see any pumpkins on a loot wheel (gold medal - 12 pumpkins, silver - 6 or 2).
    2. Remember what medals you got for previous runs, because you can't have the same amount of pumpkins on the loot wheel twice in the next 12 hours. If your first run ended with gold medal and 12 pumpkins on the wheel, in the next ones don't try to earn gold because you won't see pumpkins on the wheel, just go for silver and 6/2 pumkpins on the wheel.

I've also noticed something in the last 2 days - now, when we have a bug that cause run counter on maps not to reset, it's good to look at the numbers on specific track when you search for a track with a pumpkin, because it's quite probable that the truck with the highest number actually contains the pumpkin. Especially when you encounter situations like I did when 4/5 tracks have 4-5 tries and the 5th track has 10-12+.

Originally Posted by kamilus26 Go to original post
    ^
    The platinum medal thing matches with my results. Feels like an oversight on the programmer's part! Best avoid getting platinum - that's mean. :/

I don't know about the second point, but it's the only explanation I've seen as to how the game decides if it feels like giving any loot wheel rewards. The 12 hours part sounds odd - I'm a bit sceptical about it, to be honest. I'll start logging my results and see if I reach the same conclusion.

I thought the run counter just carried over from previous attempts? But I'll keep an eye on it.

Found another one for the tanktops. Sorry, no screenshot. It's just before the long climb up pictured in ihateuplaykk's second tanktops post above at the base of the metal structure. It's in a narrow gap. Can't be seen unless you fault.

Originally Posted by kamilus26 Go to original post
    2. Remember what medals you got for previous runs, because you can't have the same amount of pumpkins on the loot wheel twice in the next 12 hours. If your first run ended with gold medal and 12 pumpkins on the wheel, in the next ones don't try to earn gold because you won't see pumpkins on the wheel, just go for silver and 6/2 pumkpins on the wheel.
    I can confirm this. No pumpkins on the Loot Wheel if you get a Gold Medal within 12 hours.

What a shame. All that effort is in vain for the Gold. Even worse for the Platinums. The depths to which the game's gone is terrible.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►