Nik_CtOS's Avatar Community Developer

New PC Patch - Oct. 27 2014

Hello hackers,

Watch_Dogs just released a PC patch that includes the following fixes and improvements:

• Better performance on more recent models of cards.
    - 770 onwards will see better improvements.
    • Moved all resource creation to an exclusive worker thread.
    • Changed technique used for updating texture mipmaps in Ultra textures mode.

Also, Nvidia users, don’t forget to download their most recent driver here: http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...px/78873/en-us

Happy hacking_

It broke SLI , got 2x 970's. Screen got black lines shimmering

Single gpu performance seems better i guess

Oh hey, that was unexpected!
    My experience with this patch was good. Not perfect, but better. There's still a bit of stuttering but it's finally playable for me at High texture settings. I'm sure you could do more, but thank you for this patch nonetheless.

I just want to tell you "Thank you !"

I had confidence even if began to worry. Seems you worked a lot for this patch. I'll try it in 2 days. Looking forward ! My stuttering is already minimal in ultra, so...

The experience acquirement was surely hard (insults, flamming,...) but I think if you manage to make the game "normally" playable for most PC players, the bad experience will not be a waste (for a Watch Dogs 2 for example + forgiving) !

We'll see too next year what Rockstar acquired from GTA IV PC ^^

P.S : Thank you for not having altered patch.dat and patch.fat ^^. And please, if you are pressured by consoles companies, PC players don't mind waiting, even 6 months if necessary, to have a game that exploits correctly their platform. Let's be clear and clean from now.

Nik_CtOS's Avatar Community Developer
    Happy it's working better for you guys!

How about surround sound?...

Running 780 sli and I've lost 10fps with this patch. Before I was running high textures, high lod, high shadows and no AA @3840x2160 with fps locked at 45 no drops now with the same settings I barely get above 35 and its even worse when driving.

Did some more testing and this patch has definitely made performance much, much worse for me. Getting big fps drops all over the place where before there where none. I had it all set up so I was getting a great smooth experience with the game and now its unplayable at exactly the same settings. I have been using a texture mod and thought maybe this caused an issue but I get exactly the same poor performance without the mod. Another issue I've found is changing the resolution in game does not work unless I change the resolution then minimise the game and then go back to fullscreen mode this is the only way I can force a resolution change. So if I'm running at 3840x2160 and change it to 2560x1440 the menu will show 2560x1440 but the game will still render at 3840x2160 until I do the minimise/maximise trick. So how can I revert back to the last patch so I can continue Bad Blood which I have only just started?

Online racing is still BS

If people leave an in-race session it still doesn't grant the winner the points it would have if the player/s had finished as stated in the patch notes.

Yet if Watch_Dogs crashes (which happens) and I disconnect from an in-race session when I log back in I've still lost the points I would have lost had I have finished the race is last place.

Pull your collective heads out Ubisoft!!

Just wanted to chime in and say that this udate totally alleviated most of my performance issues with this game on a single GTX 980. I still have minor stutters, but this is definitely better than it used to be, to a point where I don't think about them too much when playing. This is with Ultra preset quality.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►