🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Watch Dogs forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Patch Broke sli + Ultra Textures + HighTextures are still Stuttery

Patch broke sli and game is still way more stutterry then it should be on high or ultra textures using 2 gtx 980 , it's a shame ubisoft can't fix this game right it's one of my favorite games graphics are fantastic , game runs so smooth when it isn't stuttering every 30 seconds. Was hopping they could fix the stutter then i would have bought the dlc , but not while it stutters like this every new game these days has some type on stutter must be a next gen thing, but this game stutters way to much to be acceptable.

Watch Dogs is now unplayable on LOW settings

[QUOTE=Nik_CtOS;10292354]Hello hackers,

Watch_Dogs just released a PC patch that includes the following fixes and improvements:

• Better performance on more recent models of cards.
    - 770 onwards will see better improvements.
    • Moved all resource creation to an exclusive worker thread.
    • Changed technique used for updating texture mipmaps in Ultra textures mode.

Also, Nvidia users, don’t forget to download their most recent driver here: http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...px/78873/en-us

This game is now unplayable for me, I have a top end 3D gaming computer that I've spent over £2000 on, I have core I7 Intel processor, 2 GTX top end graphic cards on SLI, 12 gig of ram and a 144fps 3D computer monitor. the last time I plaid Watchdogs I had everything set on ultra with no issues playing the game. Now, I have needed to set everything on low and turned off 3D gaming. when playing this game it is running so slow and choppy that I'm no longer going to play this game until this issue on this faulty gaming patch is sorted. everything worked fine before the patch was released and NVidia update. this isn't the only issues that I've had with playing this game that's really cheesed me off! the day of the game being released I couldn't play the game for a full week because I was unable to download it for whatever reason, I pre-ordered this game.... I will never pre-order another because of this reason! if I could get my money back I would because this is poor end user experience. And, to be honest. a game in this condition is not fit for purpose and is unusable. I'm really hoping the developer of this patch and who is responsible of making this game so un-enjoyable to play reads this post, and, sorts this issue out permanently. Because I work hard all week, and when I want to kick back and chill with a game I've paid £60.00 for, I expect it to work without any issues! Don't get me wrong, this game is worth every penny when it's playable, but, with the computer I've got, it's an insult with the need to try and run the game on low settings and still be un-useable. I'm not *****ing, I just want it sorted. I apologise if I seem rude, but I've tried everything to get this game to work and I've just got to the point now where I've given up changing settings when I shouldn't have too. I will wait until the SLI issues is fixed and I can run everything on ultra again. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to reply.

PowerColor: Radeon HD 6970

Hello, just wanted to help with the patches by telling you that I am running the Radeon HD 6970 and the Intel G2020 2.9GHz processor. I am still experiencing major pauses with the game. i had the settings run an auto-check and it chose a medium setting. I LOVE THIS GAME! but i cant enjoy it like this. everything looks great but the pauses kill the joy and when i experience an invasion it gets worse. TY for this game but i am still waiting patiently for a patch that helps me.

Originally Posted by Nik_CtOS Go to original post
    Hello hackers,

Watch_Dogs just released a PC patch that includes the following fixes and improvements:

• Better performance on more recent models of cards.
    - 770 onwards will see better improvements.
    • Moved all resource creation to an exclusive worker thread.
    • Changed technique used for updating texture mipmaps in Ultra textures mode.

Also, Nvidia users, don’t forget to download their most recent driver here: http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...px/78873/en-us

Happy hacking_

gtx 970 SLI

All ultra + txaa 2x 1440 p i got 45fps with one gtx 970 ...and 30 fps when i enable SLI ... seriously

On the bright side i got good perfs with SLI on both Farcry 4 and AC Unity so i wont complain too much about sli ...

With the previous patch (1.05.324) sli was acting like expected (not while driving but i think anyone know that ...)

Anyone using SLI got any fixeS?

Sli

That patch was a great step forward to Single-GPU users, the game is almost really enjoyable on a GTX 980 @ 1440p.

But please sort out SLI support, it breaks my heart to be forced to disable SLI. Game would run so well even with a 20/30% performance boost from a single-GPU.

This game is total BS. Still stutters on my PC...i got 16gb RAM, GTX 760 4gb, Z87 gaming motherboard

When SLI will be fixed

Any news for a sli fix ?

I can confirm I'm getting terrible performance from 970 sli, any work around on this until its fixed?

I tried all possible combinations of custom SLI bits, and the new patch completely breaks scaling especially when driving around the city.
    The only real "work-around" for SLI users is to roll back your game to the previous 1.05.324 patch.

This can be done by replacing a few files in your Watch Dogs install directory as instructed in a tweak guide, I wrote a while ago (tested with 780 GTX SLI):
    SLI profiles and stuttering in Watch Dogs

The Disrupt_b64.dll and watch_dogs.exe files included in the above post are simply backups of the official 1.05.324 installation, so it should be completely OK to post them in a public forum.
    The WD tweak guide as well as tons of other AA, AO and SLI related information can be found in my NVIDIA master thread:
    NVIDIA compatibility bits master thread and IQ guide

Page 6 of 6 ◄◄  First ... 456