2x Prime Shield
    4x Time Jump

Fortunes (7)
    4x Void Trap
    3x Memory Lapse

Buildings (4)
    4x Altar of Elemental Affinity

Updated 28/11/14 with my most current decklist:
    Insight into deck's weaknesses with stats to back it up. (newest version ladder matches highlighted in blue on replay manager)
    - Your should have a decent chance vs the current Ignatius builds in the meta (with 2x chaos seers)
    - Rushy stronghold decks with quick attack/high hp units seem the biggest weakness - Shaar and Acamas (although they aren't too common and I've had limited match experience vs. them)
    - Other decks: Deleb rush?!?!

New version allows option of increasing might to 4, then magic channel with void-tainted djinns/nur vs. certain matchups and esp. when going 2nd. (T2 gargoyle/sharpshooter, T3 token-->void djinn, t4 with 4/4/1 stats/options is a very strong start and difficult for opp. to deal with)
    Otherwise raise magic to 4 first as before.....

Hero (5/6/1)
    1x Nahla

Events (8)
    4x Week of Knowledge
    4x Night of the Rising Moon

Creatures (24)
    4x Gargoyle
    4x Arcane Sharpshooter
    4x Makeshift Golem
    4x Void-Tainted Djinn
    1x Nur, Spellweaver
    2x Time-Bender Djinn
    1x Ariana, Chosen of the Void
    4x Djinn Cloudshaper

Spells (16)
    4x Town Portal
    4x Magic Steal
    4x Arkath's Wrath
    4x Time Jump

Fortunes (6)
    4x Void Trap
    2x Memory Lapse

Buildings (4)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nahla TimeLock

Hero (4/6/1)
    1x Nahla

Events (8)
    4x Week of Knowledge

Creatures (26)
    4x Rakshasa Skirmisher
    4x Gargoyle
    4x Arcane Sharpshooter
    4x Makeshift Golem
    4x Djinn
    1x Nur, Spellweaver
    4x Time-Bender Djinn

Spells (22)
    4x Fire Bolt
    4x Immolation
    4x Magic Steal
    4x Arkath's Wrath
    2x Prime Shield
    4x Time Jump

Fortunes (7)
    4x Void Trap
    3x Memory Lapse

Buildings (5)
    1x Warding Pillars

Been working on this deck recently..... to see if it can compete with all those Mother Kiril decks out there
    Decided on 69 cards, as there's so much draw you risk decking out and lacking finishing power.

Stat raising:
    4/6/1 deck
    Raise magic to 4 first usually (unless you want to play early sharpshooter for 2 might - fairly rare), then might to 3
    Stay at 3/4/1 stats and you can start drawing, raise to 4might/5magic only if you need to play something or if no spare resource that turn. 3/5/1 stats gives you full options and allows TJ without Djinn. Utilise turns where you have no spare resource to raise to final stats of 4/6/1, otherwise draw.

How to win:
    TJ Lock = playing TJ+Djinn with 5 prime creatures on same turn --> this gives you 2 Full turns to raise stats, draws more cards and very high chance you can continue locking even if you don't have a 2nd TJ/Djinn in hand cause you will draw it during the 3 turns in a row you get --> essentially wins you the game
    - for every prime creature and tower on your field, the resource/card requirements required to pull this off decreases, so as the game drags on, it becomes increasingly dangerous for your opponent. Having 4/6/1 stats decreases the need for costly Djinn/Nur compared to having e.g. 4/4/1 stats decreasing resource req. again to pull this off.
    (e.g 2 towers on field, 2 creatures and 4/6/1 stats --> req. time bender djinn (3) + TJ (4) + 2xprime food (0) = 7 resource to pull it off)
    (e.g. you have 3 towers on field, no creatures and 4/4/1 stats --> 1st weenie (2), 2nd weenie (1), 3rd weenie (0) + magic channeler (2) + time bender (2) + TJ (3) = 10 resource)

Mini locks: Threaten with 5 prime creatures+ timebender on field, forces opp. to come up with cards to deal with it
    or e.g. Sufficient resources/towers to simply chain 2TJ in a row without timebender

Immolation/Prime shield/TJ/magic steal/FB etc. + normal field control is also a win condition. **Play control as your default mindset vs normal creature decks** - too many ppl initially make the mistake of getting caught up in using TJ Lock OTK.....This is not masfar OTK..... it's far more complicated with more options. If you go for field control+card advantage simultaneously like a normal control deck you will be in a very strong position to win. You will naturally be in a good position to use mill/time lock when the opportunity arises.

Mill with 3xMemory lapse: Initially I rarely used this but I changed my mind about this, I recently have been using this win con (or as least partly utilise it more and more maybe 10%? of games.... combined with TJ Lock you have extremely powerful win cons that other control decks just can't match. Even the threat of doing this with a few spare resources will force your opponent to play differently and realize they have even more to worry about. I think people are starting to fear the threat of a time lock, but have yet to experience the subtle power of mill.

Ranked games from past week. The 1-2 turn game were bugged losses, but even with them, you can see the general trend is an increase in rating.

Now 2100+ ELO.... too lazy to try go any higher, wait times get longer + requires more concentration if you wanna win. One tip is actually write down their hand after the first magic steal (you can do it just type it on chat screen) --> cause you do not want to miss a magic steal as it costs you tempo (unless you're winning so much it doesn't matter), other thing is you can kill enemy moon phoenix which many decks run and then magic steal, you can choose to discard the phoenix by cancelling the summon too

Updated 06/11: New variant, more versatile, more deadly. All versions are extremely strong, you can use these as ideas to modify your own.

This version has 67 cards, and at the moment I'm finding the advantage of increased versatility and a toolbox of immolations, prime shields, town portals, increased mill potential/resistance to outweigh the small benefits of 59 card consistency. The deck has superior draw to other decks which should improve it's consistency anyways (4xWoK, 4xNotRM+3xMem lapse, 4xMakeshift, 4x Void traps --> beats practically any other control deck in draw power)
    This version has reached 2100+ elo too, and beyond that wait times get ridiculous and it's not worth it

Hero (5/6/1)
    1x Nahla

Events (8)
    4x Week of Knowledge

Creatures (26)
    4x Rakshasa Skirmisher
    4x Gargoyle
    2x Arcane Sharpshooter
    4x Makeshift Golem
    3x Djinn
    1x Nur, Spellweaver
    3x Time-Bender Djinn
    4x Djinn Cloudshaper

Spells (21)
    4x Fire Bolt
    2x Town Portal
    2x Immolation
    4x Magic Steal
    4x Arkath's Wrath
    1x Prime Shield
    4x Time Jump

Fortunes (7)
    4x Void Trap
    3x Memory Lapse

Buildings (4)

npavcec's Avatar Senior Member
    I play someting similar, but I wouldn't be so sure that this deck it would be able to pass the 1500-1800 MMR range which is filled with loads of aggressive rush decks. It works on 1900+ because people at those MMR ranges have more conservative and end-game steered decks.

Originally Posted by npavcec Go to original post
    I play someting similar, but I wouldn't be so sure that this deck it would be able to pass the 1500-1800 MMR range which is filled with loads of aggressive rush decks. It works on 1900+ because people at those MMR ranges have more conservative and end-game steered decks.
    There are rush decks on 1900+ also, and people are better at playing them, so this is even greater achievement.

This is an exhausting deck to play against, almost like the old Workforce decks, but win ratio and the mastering of the deck cannot be denied.

Gratz for making something original and I hope we won't meet any time soon

Can you explain the card choices a bit and how to play it ?
    It seems like an Immolation deck.

Nahla TimeLock

Hero (4/6/1)
    1x Nahla

Events (8)
    4x Week of Knowledge - card draw, very effective with TJ (like old arianna)

Creatures (26)
    4x Rakshasa Skirmisher - stalls lava spawns nuff said
    4x Gargoyle - stalls succubus, hatchling breeder
    4x Arcane Sharpshooter - not that good, but needed more cheap prime food
    4x Makeshift Golem - staller that does not lose card advantage --> weaker than gargoyle in every way, but you play this when you're planning to Arkath in next 2 turns etc.
    4x Djinn - costly, but synergises well with immo, prime, spell resist (+ magic resist stacks), low might req --> cause usually raise magic to 4, then might to 3
    1x Nur, Spellweaver - better Djinn, but 4 might so 1 turn slower (sometimes I even willingly NOTRM this over Djinn, simply cause I want to play earlier for 3 might and have enough cards already)
    4x Time-Bender Djinn - just a fattie, but also a TJ lock win con enabler
    1x Ariana, Chosen of the Void - no need to explain this

Spells (22)
    4x Fire Bolt - stalls any 2hp inferno/necro 1st turn drop, 2x fb/combo with immo/arkath to take down a unit (want to constantly stall and keep opp. field low dmg)
    4x Immolation - crucial card vs Namtaru boneyards/haven barracks, synergises well with TJs
    4x Magic Steal - amazing vs any deck that runs magic creatures including kiril rushes (so ideally you play t3 w. coin --> play super early b4 opp. gets a chance to empty hand of magic creatures, then you gotta memorise their hand for best results, e.g. if you know opp. has 2 SSH in hand, then you know your next magic steal will hit SSH , and your opp. has a tough choice --> they might need to waste their SSH early ineffectively, otherwise your next magic steal will slaughter him bad), follow it up with a t4 magic steal, t5 NOTRM and summon some makeshift golems.... then like t6, t7 arkath and you'll have like 10 cards in your hand still, while your opp. rush is crippled and their hand half empty
    4x Arkath's Wrath - try get value out of this.... if opp. not pressuring too much, then draw more/play towers/prime shield in preparation to give you the edge late game
    2x Prime Shield - for immo/+ stacks with spell resist, gives you edge late game
    4x Time Jump - yeah just spam this even if you can't get a lock, and vs stuff like Dhamiria its hard to get a lock, but simply playing this will give you the edge --> again this gives you the edge late game (extra resource, card draw esp. w WoK events, comboes with immo)

Fortunes (7)
    4x Void Trap - NOTRM food, 1 fortune req, discard 2 prime cards so whenever u have 1 spare resource you can play this for more draw
    3x Memory Lapse - NOTRM food, rarely mill as win con when TJ/immo win cons fail

Buildings (5)
    4x Altar of Elemental Affinity - like prime shield, gives you the edge late game, TJ lock enabler
    1x Warding Pillars - yeah this is useful, keeps 1 beefy unit on field to pressure or keep an unkillable unit on field with immos (no space in events for day of sanct)

Mulligan strategy:
    Usually want to try get a fortune in opening hand for NOTRM

Vs non-rush --> memory lapse to enable aggressive NOTRM drawing, or at least void trap

Vs kiril/deleb rush --> ideal hand would be something similar to = rakasha, gargoyle, magic steal, immo, arkathx2, fire bolt, memory lapse is always good --> if you get a god hand like this, it's extremely difficult for a rush to get through. Immo/makeshift golem/FB early skele are higher priority for Namtaru rushes and magic steal misses too much to be worth it, warding pillars helpful

soularmadyl, i got you in my friends list and since you are the only one in my list ranked higher than me i sometimes spectate to see what you are playing. i did check out this deck (spectating) and it did seem very solid, i was actually going to ask you about it but i figured i would need 3 -4 time bender djinn first... i wasn't wrong with that assumption now that i see the actual list.

LurifaxB's Avatar MMDoC Legend
    Originally Posted by LQDBrunt Go to original post
    There are rush decks on 1900+ also, and people are better at playing them, so this is even greater achievement.

This is an exhausting deck to play against, almost like the old Workforce decks, but win ratio and the mastering of the deck cannot be denied.

Gratz for making something original and I hope we won't meet any time soon

I totally agree here. The deck design is really good and original. So props for making this type of deck. And props for posting the deck and a good explanation.

I also agree that this type of deck is really frustrating to play against. It is what I hoped standard will never be, boring to play against. We played a few times and even when I play the deck that is destroying mass rage or immolation, can't take out this deck due to the time jumps. Thanks to unranked system, I now just insta quit if I see this deck. :-)

Same for me. I hate this deck but I'm glad it exists lol. It shows the game has depth.

Thoutmosis1's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by LurifaxB Go to original post
    I totally agree here. The deck design is really good and original. So props for making this type of deck. And props for posting the deck and a good explanation.
    +1, as usual coming from such original deckbuilder Soularmadyl is.

jkk89's Avatar First 1700 ELO! Hooah!
    Glad to see that combo decks like this still working. Will try it myself.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►