🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Y'know, now that I've been listening to that Autograph song, I would like to play it on Rocksmith, if only to get more songs that use two-handed tapping.

Maybe it is a 3 pack of songs with tapping solos. Hmm

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Hey gang, I'm juggling multiple things on this end -- don't panic when I can't respond immediately.

Originally Posted by Jayrocksd Go to original post
    Well. One song is Turn up the Radio by Autograph.
    Yes it is. I found that video and had to laugh at the very strange and blatant product placement. I don't know what a pencil is doing there but I was definitely going to use that weirdness.

Originally Posted by DangerousPersn Go to original post
    All the images are from that one Autograph video. And there are, i think, three images jumbled up, suggesting an autograph 3 pack? Really? or not? I hope it's more cryptic and leading to something else. Hmm, what are anagrams for 'turn up the radio'?
    There are actually four images jumbled, but there is a lot of black space in two of them, so it's easy to mix those up. Each image has 12 tiles from a different frame of the video; each image is made of 48 tiles (sliced and reassembled by hand in Photoshop, dammit). One of the crowd, one of the guitarist on stage (inexcplicably playing with a clone of himself), one of the sign-in sheet, and of course, one of the pencil.

Originally Posted by forest1903 Go to original post
    Autograph are a one-hit wonder, so there has to be more than just one band.
    Autograph definitely is known for that one major hit above all their other releases, but I would hesitate to call all the bands represented by our DLC next week one-hit wonders -- especially given the semantic issues we've had here in the past. (Sorry, Elliott -- I am openly anti-semantic.)

What we have are songs that we were able to clear from licensing from bands of this era. Some of these artists had several hits, some had one or two. We are calling it the Arena Rock week, officially, but there will be more songs in this vein revealed Tuesday. And for the record, it's not a bundle or a pack; it's a selection of singles from different bands who made their name in this era and arguably had, ahem, at least one megahit. Again -- I suggest thinking of "megahit" bands as successful, recognizable bands you've probably heard of.

Next week does not bring Def Leppard. Also not the Moody Blues.

Originally Posted by toymachinesh Go to original post
    If it's Van Halen it would be amazing that Dan could keep that hush hush about his favourite band
    Originally Posted by ghmorello Go to original post
    What if the Autograph song was there to tease us? What if we're getting a VH Pack instead of any song by Autograph?
    I can keep big secrets, comes with the job, gotta take the fanboy hat off -- but let me also rule out VH by saying, as a huge fan of VH, I would not use Autograph -- a completely different band with no overlapping members, even -- as a bizarre reference to suggest them simply because they are from the same scene! That's like suggesting an apple pie with the photo of an orange. My puzzles may be easy but they are, at least, logical!

Hey gang, I'm juggling multiple things on this end -- don't panic when I can't respond immediately.

Originally Posted by Jayrocksd Go to original post
    Well. One song is Turn up the Radio by Autograph.
    Yes it is. I found that video and had to laugh at the very strange and blatant product placement. I don't know what a pencil is doing there but I was definitely going to use that weirdness.

Originally Posted by DangerousPersn Go to original post
    All the images are from that one Autograph video. And there are, i think, three images jumbled up, suggesting an autograph 3 pack? Really? or not? I hope it's more cryptic and leading to something else. Hmm, what are anagrams for 'turn up the radio'?
    There are actually four images jumbled, but there is a lot of black space in two of them, so it's easy to mix those up. Each image has 12 tiles from a different frame of the video; each image is made of 48 tiles (sliced and reassembled by hand in Photoshop, dammit). One of the crowd, one of the guitarist on stage (inexcplicably playing with a clone of himself), one of the sign-in sheet, and of course, one of the pencil.

Originally Posted by forest1903 Go to original post
    Autograph are a one-hit wonder, so there has to be more than just one band.
    Autograph definitely is known for that one major hit above all their other releases, but I would hesitate to call all the bands represented by our DLC next week one-hit wonders -- especially given the semantic issues we've had here in the past. (Sorry, Elliott -- I am openly anti-semantic.)

What we have are songs that we were able to clear from licensing from bands of this era. Some of these artists had several hits, some had one or two. We are calling it the Arena Rock week, officially, but there will be more songs in this vein revealed Tuesday. And for the record, it's not a bundle or a pack; it's a selection of singles from different bands who made their name in this era and arguably had, ahem, at least one megahit. Again -- I suggest thinking of "megahit" bands as successful, recognizable bands you've probably heard of.

Next week does not bring Def Leppard. Also not the Moody Blues.

Originally Posted by toymachinesh Go to original post
    If it's Van Halen it would be amazing that Dan could keep that hush hush about his favourite band
    Originally Posted by ghmorello Go to original post
    What if the Autograph song was there to tease us? What if we're getting a VH Pack instead of any song by Autograph?
    I can keep big secrets, comes with the job, gotta take the fanboy hat off -- but let me also rule out VH by saying, as a huge fan of VH, I would not use Autograph -- a completely different band with no overlapping members, even -- as a bizarre reference to suggest them simply because they are from the same scene! That's like suggesting an apple pie with the photo of an orange. My puzzles may be easy but they are, at least, logical!

Wonder if we're getting more from V Rock?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_T...ndtrack#V-Rock

There's a reason GTA is known for radio

Also, let me spare you the rest of the hack work and reveal the original four frames:

Also, let me spare you the rest of the hack work and reveal the original four frames:

Jayrocksd's Avatar Senior Member
    Arena Rock? Count me in! Sadly if there was a Scorpions song, you probably wouldn't have used Autograph for the clue either.

Guess we'll know who else on Tuesday...

Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    That's like suggesting an apple pie with the photo of an orange. My puzzles may be easy but they are, at least, logical!
    Cherry Pie by Warrant confirmed!

And try as I might, I don't see Phil Collen or Billy Corgan in there.

And try as I might, I don't see Phil Collen or Billy Corgan in there.

Uncle Dead1y's Avatar Member
    Interesting! I shall look forward to finding out what the other songs are, if they are by well known bands I'm sure there will be something for me in there.