AC4 - Do community challenge rewards carry over to a new savegame?

Title says is all: Playing through Black Flag's single player last winter, I experienced an annoying bug that has kept me from opening a specific chest in one of the forts, thus hindering 100% completion of the story. I'm planing on deleting my (one and only) AC4 savegame and starting a new one in it's place. The only question that remains is, whether the community challenge rewards I unlocked previously will carry over to the new savegame - I'd really hate to lose them, since there won't be any further opportunities to get them back...

Yes, they do carry over, as does Kenway's Fleet.

In the end, I managed to open the final chests - turns out it was a question of positioning myself correctly outside the stalking zones. Anyway, now that I started a new game - trying to complete Black Flag before Unity drops in November - I don't see my community challenge awards carrying over. I deleted my old savegame (I still have a backup copy though) and started this current playthgrough in its spot. I'm in sequence 2, so things might change, but I'm not positive. Any words of advice, Syntax? Thanks again!

YazX_'s Avatar AC Volunteer MOD
    Originally Posted by Konzti Go to original post
    In the end, I managed to open the final chests - turns out it was a question of positioning myself correctly outside the stalking zones. Anyway, now that I started a new game - trying to complete Black Flag before Unity drops in November - I don't see my community challenge awards carrying over. I deleted my old savegame (I still have a backup copy though) and started this current playthgrough in its spot. I'm in sequence 2, so things might change, but I'm not positive. Any words of advice, Syntax? Thanks again!
    Yah unfortunately they dont, i started my third run of playing AC4 and noticed that they dont carry over, sorry they are per save slot i believe.

wichking's Avatar Member
    things like open 3 treasures, kill 3 royal navy cargo or hunt 3 white wales stuff doesnt transfer but the real community challanges which ubisoft offered they remain
    You get them abck however when you have acces to it after you killed julien

Locopells's Avatar AC Forum Mod
    Yep, that's been my experience as well...

Anykeyer's Avatar Senior Member
    Rewards do transfer but they remain locked untill you get to the actual free roam game part (seq 3)

Thank you so guys much for the quick answers!

Locopells's Avatar AC Forum Mod
    Welcome.