View Poll Results: Which Band Would You Want as DLC?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Skillet

4 28.57%
  • Red

1 7.14%
  • We As Human

0 0%
  • None, I can't stand this genre

9 64.29%
    ghmorello's Avatar Senior Member

Skillet, Red, OR We As Human DLC Will Come Out in 2015

Here's a Twitter conversation between a Twitter user and Paul Cross:

MrShredHead - Skillet, Red, or We As Human?

Paul Cross - At least one of them are coming in 2015.

https://twitter.com/crossieRS/status/522031704429441025

These three bands are part of a genre that I hate a lot - Christian Rock. To make these worse, they're Christian Metal which just pretty much contradict the meaning and sound of metal. Whatever band gets the DLC, I'm not getting it. If you had to think of a 3-5 pack for these bands, what would they be? Which band would you pick up?

Danny-Ramone's Avatar Senior Member
    I suppose the only way in which metal could be made even less interesting would be by making it Christian, so I'd definitely be passing.

Easy Skillet - never heard of the other two.

Falling in the Black, Monster and some others are cool songs. I've never really payed much attention to the lyrics back "then" so maybe they would annoy me nowaways if they were overly religious. I would classify religion/superstition in general as the Intellectual Cancer of our century, but that is another topic that doesnt belong here at all. But i do like the Nu Metalish Sound of Skillet.

dm_gsxr's Avatar Senior Member
    Never heard of any of them.

Carl

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Should I vote?

I don't think I should vote.

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Should I vote?

I don't think I should vote.

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by ghmorello Go to original post
    These three bands are part of a genre that I hate a lot - Christian Rock.
    I don't know that I've ever heard any of them, but since you brought it up I listened to Skillet - Monster (as mentioned by Sheyvan). How are they any different from Chevelle or 3 Days' Grace? I was specifically listening to the lyrics and I didn't pick up a single reference to anything that could be considered remotely "Christian" in theme.

Would I buy it? Probably not, because that sound in general is a bit over-played in my opinion and these guys don't do it as well as Seether, Chevelle, 3DG, etc., but not because somebody called it Christian Rock. Honestly, it sounds to me like there's a little Christian paranoia and dwelling too much on labels here.

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Then I clicked through to Skillet - Hero. Sounds similar to Linkin' Park or Evanescence. Ok... "hero" but not really overtly Christian in any way. Not big faves for me or probably several others here on the forums, but I bet a Skillet pack would sell just fine on RS.

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Skillet is my guess

Good music is good music.

Bring it on.

Skillet has my vote. I would put many of their top songs up against a good majority of the current songs in the Rocksmith library.

Funny how it's ok to have song with completely horrible messages, and we have several in Rocksmith, a couple of the Sublime ones jump to mind, but the moment it's possible there might be a positive message in the music certain people have an adverse reaction.

It's not like Christians are a small demographic either.

And yup I am Christian, it didn't effect me when I bought the Iron Maiden and MegaDeth DLC and it won't effect my choice on this one either. If I like the songs I'm buying.

Originally Posted by audioadren1971 Go to original post
    Funny how it's ok to have song with completely horrible messages, and we have several in Rocksmith, a couple of the Sublime ones jump to mind, but the moment it's possible there might be a positive message in the music certain people have an adverse reaction.
    It's fashionable to hate Christians. Sublime doesn't really fall into any categories like that.