Better crowd/civilian interaction

I noticed in AC3 and black flag going through crowds seen to downgrade from AC2. He no longer touches civilians or turn side ways. They pretty much just feel like ghost with no interaction. They can't even trip you up anymore or get in your way felt very unrealistic. I'm
    Hoping unity brings back better player to npc interaction. I know they have empathized on big crowds in unity early footage but it didn't look to organic and people seem to be these indivisible boxes you just bump off of.

At least make them an actual object.

I don't think they will do that bumping stuff again but as a whole the civilians are much smarter... They will start fighting in front of you and you can save some people who will then be your allies and fight with you.

naumaan's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by mockers0 Go to original post
    I noticed in AC3 and black flag going through crowds seen to downgrade from AC2. He no longer touches civilians or turn side ways. They pretty much just feel like ghost with no interaction. They can't even trip you up anymore or get in your way felt very unrealistic. I'm
    Hoping unity brings back better player to npc interaction. I know they have empathized on big crowds in unity early footage but it didn't look to organic and people seem to be these indivisible boxes you just bump off of.

i felt the same we should pass a petition ..

I think the npcs could still knock you down, in AC3/4, if you're carrying a crate or barrel. That's about it though.

Yes they do. Hold down Fast Walk and they'll also Gentle Push at the same time.

Fatal-Feit's Avatar Senior Member
    I noticed in AC3 and black flag going through crowds seen to downgrade from AC2. He no longer touches civilians or turn side ways.
    No, you can still do that. Hold the A button.

They can't even trip you up anymore or get in your way felt very unrealistic.
    They can still trip you, just not nearly as much. And don't forget the children in AC:3, man. Those little demons are as bad as it gets for distractions.